chrysler 9.25 rear end

c12h26

Do you all think a chrysler 9.25 rear out of a 3/4 ton gasser would be strong enough for drag racing in a 4700 lbs truck with 450 hp.

Dodge also put the 9.25 in some 1/2 tons, if I'm not mistaken....I don't think they are real reliable under the torque we produce.

Yes it would be fine, If it had a back brace on it that would make it even stronger.

Yes it would be fine, If it had a back brace on it that would make it even stronger.
He's talkin bout a 9.25 rear with the bolt on diff cover that looks like a stop sign.

I believe you are speaking about an 8 3/4 rear with a back brace?

Do you all think a chrysler 9.25 rear out of a 3/4 ton gasser would be strong enough for drag racing in a 4700 lbs truck with 450 hp.

Im almost 100% postive the 9.25 is for 1/2 tons only, the 5.9 got a d60 which is 9 3/4 inch ring gear, and the 5.7 got the 10.5 AAM.

I dont know much about the AAM, but the D60 will hold it and if it breaks you can get aftermarket parts, to build it bulletproof (for the most part).

The 9.25 can be found in 1500's, Dakota's, and Durango's. Stout for those vehicles with gas engines, put it behind a diesel at your own risk.

Im almost 100% postive the 9.25 is for 1/2 tons only, the 5.9 got a d60 which is 9 3/4 inch ring gear, and the 5.7 got the 10.5 AAM.

I dont know much about the AAM, but the D60 will hold it and if it breaks you can get aftermarket parts, to build it bulletproof (for the most part).

They were used in light duty 2500s too.

The size of the parts in the 9.25 would make me think it might work. I'd try it if you have it, but I wouldn't put a bunch of money into it unless you're sure it will work.

The downside to the 9.25 is the lack of deep gears, but that likely isn't a concern in this application.

mine lasted 5 passes. running around 7.0 in the 1/8. then pushed the pinion out the back and broke the carrier in half.

Back