clamping lspring for less wrap

CTD03

One Hot 03
i was wondering i will be getting a DD soon would really like to start pulling
so i was wondering if clamping the springs would help and if so how do they usally clamp them

I just made clamps front and back on the springs with flat bar and all thread and it helped alot with hopping and wrap

before my bars and blocks I used clamps.

Now the specs are most likely different for your truck as these were on a 2500HD duramax.

I went to a made to order u bolt shop and got 3" wide 4" long, 3/8" U bolts made.

Then I simply made plates out of 3/8x1.5" strap and drilled holes in them. Simply slip the u bolts over the overload spring near the end of it. Place the plate on the bottom and use an impact to torque down.

I clamped both front and back on the overload springs for a total of 4 clamps.

can you guys get some pics up for me

thanks
sounds like i will be doing this

then winter and transformation will happen to daily driver to street puller

You could use 1" bar stock, and 5/8" bolts. cut them a couple inches longer then the width of your spring, and then drill them out. Grade 8 works well.

so i think i understand just make them so they clamp down and compress the springs together

sounds pretty easy will have to try it out

Most any trailer shop can fix you up with the u-bolts and plates that you need. Don't cost much and only takes a few minutes to put on. Only side effect is a little bit stiffer ride..

got clamps made i will post pics tomarrow.

i have to say they work pretty good doesnt take all the wrap out but i can tell you its a stiffer ride

Back