Cleaning injectors

smokin247

Any good way to clean your injectors that are out of the engine? is brake clean okay?

I've heard of soaking in kerosene. Probably wouldn't scrub them though so as not to get anything in the holes

Ultrasonic cleaner filled with water. Or water and Purple Power. Any other solvent doesn't touch what the ultrasonic cleaner can do. Even the cheap unit from Harbor Freight is much better than trying the solvents mentioned.

I'm sure it would work better, but $85 at harborfreight just to clean my injectors isn't in the budget right now. The injectors have about 1000 miles on them, I just wanted to clean them off some before they go back in.
Is it alright to submerge the injector or should I just clean the tips?

I'm sure it would work better, but $85 at harborfreight just to clean my injectors isn't in the budget right now. The injectors have about 1000 miles on them, I just wanted to clean them off some before they go back in.
Is it alright to submerge the injector or should I just clean the tips?

1k miles? I'd leave them alone. You could create more issues for a non-existent problem. Soaking them without disassembly is not a good idea either. Carbon on the exterior is one thing. If carbon or any other debris enters the internals you will have to actually tear them down. $.02

I usually use carburetor chem-dip for precision metal parts with deposits like that.
just make sure to keep the injector parts together since theyre pop-set and heat cycled together.

So, if you follow the thread from Mopar1973man, do you have to have them pop tested before running them or can you throw'em back in and run'em?

I'd pop test them, but if you don't plan to, just make sure you put all the shims/spring in the same orientation as they came out and you should be fine. I normally see a pressure difference of maybe 2-5bar if I don't put everything back in the same way.

Back