Cliipped water pump fins.

Schevyii63

Today I got the truck back together with a new convertor, and a exhaust housing. Took it for a test drive. Truck has crazy power now, Got back home 10 mins later and I have coolant leaking out of the head gasket in between #4 and 5 exhaust ports. I have a week to get this fixed for the pulls. Funds are short for good studs, or elec. water pump. I'm going to stick a new head gasket in it. And cross my fingers till next month when I have funds for studs. Since clipping the fins is free. Anybody know how to do this or have pictures?

Thanks Robert

i clipped every other too. esed a cutoff wheel and some needle nose pliers to take the whole blade off. truck still ran cool around town too.

I don't think clipping your water pump fins is going to help your leaking headgasket... its leaking because the head is lifting, not from coolant pressure.

Just got the head off. Has blown the orange ring around the coolant port. When I built the engine I put all new freeze plugs in with hyd. mounting flange sealant. Today was the first day this engine seen high rpms. I just want to be able to pull this weekend and not push the gasket out at the track. My head is going to be studded next month. I just stuck so much money in this thing these past couple of months. Between blowed front spiders gears, new valve body, convertor, and exhaust housing. It just never ending.

Back