Clutch help

explosives87

powder monkey
My clutch went out and I am in need one. I am looking at a dual disc from either valair or south bend. I have searched looking for my answer and cant find it. I have been looking at the 3250 from south bend and the dual disc organic from valair. I would like to know how easy they are to slip while backing up a trailer without having to put them into 4 wheel drive? How noisy are dual discs at idle, are we talking like baby rattle or are we talking like golf balls in a dyer? Do they quiet down over time or get noisier?

The nv equipped truck arent too bad as far as gear rollover goes, Our organic dual disc is smooth while backing your trailer. I'm sure others will chime in.

i had a 3250 in one of my old trucks, it was a nice daily driver/towing, in reverse it would buck a little while backing a trailer, but nothing horrible, i have a 3850 in my current truck, its just all around grabby and jerky. my next truck is a auto...lol.

I run Kenny's Pullin clutch, 4000lb dual disc, sintered iron on the street every day. Its smooth as butter, and I have roughly 15 hooks on it this season also. Its been a great clutch for the price

I have a 3600lb SB with dual organic linings, pretty smooth all around, reverse is not bad at all to buck. Noise happens, you get used to it LOL

Kenny makes a good clutch. Hes local to me and everyone I know here that runs any of his clutches really like them.

thats wierd,,, my 3250 was mooth as silk, in reverse with a trailer on it.... it was smooth anywhere and held like no other.... mabey yall need to get your foot work right?

Back