clutch not working

rattlindodge

I cant get it into gear unless I turn off the engine. Also there is a ticking noise coming from the clutch area. Any ideas, its a single ceramic. I swapped hydraulics with no difference.

Have a buddy push the clutch so you can look and see if the fork is being pushed by the slave.

New sealed prebled hydro? If they work then could be bad input shaft or pilot bearing crapped the bed. Is it hard to shift while moving? If so then try match rpm for shifting without clutch see if shifts fine that way. If it has stock crappy pilot my guess would be that's the problem.

New sealed prebled hydro? If they work then could be bad input shaft or pilot bearing crapped the bed. Is it hard to shift while moving? If so then try match rpm for shifting without clutch see if shifts fine that way. If it has stock crappy pilot my guess would be that's the problem.

I agree the stock pilot bearings are junk. Sbc makes a great set up with an upgraded 16" clutch and with the flywheel you get it comes with an upgraded bearing. I installed mine about a year ago and it has amazing road manners, south bend has great customer support too. I don't know much about trannys but could be a bad synchronizer to??

Both hydraulics worked flawless, I upgraded to a 13inch flywheel and roller bearing(eliminating the needle bearing). Cant shift when moving, if you try to shift it starts making a not so good sound tick or knock.

You can try having the truck off an booking a tow rope to it. Have a friend pull you while it's in gear with clutch depressed. It it rolls with no fight then you can have trans problems. If clutch won't disengage then could be hanging up in there.

If your hydraulics are working it could be a lot of other issues. I've had a spring from the clutch disk pop out and do exactly what you are describing down to the tick. Basically first verify your hydros are working and then pull your trans.

clutch disc took a shat, yard saled one portion , then it wedged under another section. Also the bellhousing gained a fleshwound.

Back