clutch?

hopesanddreams

i have an 01 dodge 5 spd 4x4 with about 170,000 miles on it. The truck still has the original clutch in it. At a stop light the other day with the clutch pedal pressed completely to the floor, i could feel the clutch gently engage and the truck was trying to pull forward, when i let the clutch pedal up it only came up about half way. when i tried shifting to 3rd the clutch never disingaged. i pulled the clutch pedal back up with my foot and shifted normally and everything was fine. For the last couple days it does it every once in a while. clutch or slave cylinder?

I'd guess clutch master cylinder may be going out on you, or the pedal will move side to side and the bushing is worn out.

yea, check the aluminum bracket under the dash for wear. If all is ok, you prob need clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder.

i dont think its the pedal, when the pedal is all the way down the clutch will not release so its stuck in gear

the hydraulics that work off your pedal could be broke and not pushing the slave cylinder out, in turn not letting your clutch dissengage

the whole hydraulics come off as one piece very easy

the hydraulics can be replaced as a unit which most people do. the master and slave can be purchased seperately and installed seperately. i replaced the master on mine a year and a half ago when it started acting like yours and it fixed mine. i just replaced my slave 2 weeks ago while changing my tranny out it still worked just figured i do it while i was under there. all a had in it was $160 in them both. just my $.02.

Back