Clutch?!

Joey89

Okay I need some info on clutches. I don't want real wild but am looking for DD. Most likely South Bend. What is a good clutch for no more than 600 hp give or take. What do they mean by different linings- organic? feramic? Sprung discs? And whatever else i need to know. Can you still pull a trailer?

3250 CB for dialy driving. If your wanting to do sled pulling go to the 3800 or higher and probably go with the FE. FE will tend to be a little grabbier, but it will handle the heat of slipping.

Sprung hub is more street friendly, if your going to be lots of pulling do the solid hub.

I see okay i might not be needing a clutch though not sure. Had something snap or break somewhere between flywheel and transfer case. It will make a grinding noise and won't move when in gear and clutch engaged. Pedal feels normal and it will go in all gears normal. It broke under load. 5th gear up a hill pulling pretty hard. I don't know....input? hub of friction plate? something in pressure plate? or? Its a Val-Air 450 hp and 900 ft/lbs single disk.

Well its all depends what you do with your truck and what you plan to do as far as modifications. And also how you drive. As far as the facings each has different holdin power and heat resistances. the sprung hub means there are springs in the clutch disc to help absorb initial engagement. Some clutches have a solid clutch disc.

Could be your fifth gear nut

So i take it a certain white dodge is going to need a ride behing the old red and black rig again down to HPD sometime soon Joey?

Give Dan at ValAir a call, I believe their new dual disks are out and they are supposed to be a "street" clutch by all means... I am going to put one in my truck if tommorrow when I pull the tranny if I don't like the looks of the one thats in there...

Muddin_dude06 said:
Give Dan at ValAir a call, I believe their new dual disks are out and they are supposed to be a "street" clutch by all means... I am going to put one in my truck if tommorrow when I pull the tranny I don't like the looks of the one thats in there...

okay yea I might...I'll have to see if its in my clutch or not..I might have snapped a shaft or something. It just happened last nite...are those DD pretty expensive?

Joey89 said:
I see okay i might not be needing a clutch though not sure. Had something snap or break somewhere between flywheel and transfer case. It will make a grinding noise and won't move when in gear and clutch engaged. Pedal feels normal and it will go in all gears normal. It broke under load. 5th gear up a hill pulling pretty hard. I don't know....input? hub of friction plate? something in pressure plate? or? Its a Val-Air 450 hp and 900 ft/lbs single disk.

Kinda sounds like you ripped the center out of it!

I have a used SB 3250 DD for sale...should be exactly what your looking for.

Chris

Signature600 said:
Kinda sounds like you ripped the center out of it!

I have a used SB 3250 DD for sale...should be exactly what your looking for.

Chris

Okay yea maybe...what will it hold? Good Condition? Will I need a bigger input or hydraulic upgrades?

Hold...not sure, I held 450 with it. I think it's rated for over 650hp.

Has apporx. 8K miles on complete rebuild...drives fine!

Bigger input, yes. Hyd upgrade, suggested, but I don't run one;)

Chris

Signature600 said:
Hold...not sure, I held 450 with it. I think it's rated for over 650hp.

Has apporx. 8K miles on complete rebuild...drives fine!

Bigger input, yes. Hyd upgrade, suggested, but I don't run one;)

Chris

Okay good...I don't have much to spend...I blew my head gasket before Christmas running on a 100plate BHAF 15* timing and stock turbo...she blew at 35 psi. I haven't had much luck and now this happened but haha its what you get i guess with a truck...What do you want for it?

Haha thats my same luck man! I blew my HG then my tranny took a dump last week! lol Call Dan and he can probably get you a good price since your a repeat customer etc...

Muddin_dude06 said:
Haha thats my same luck man! I blew my HG then my tranny took a dump last week! lol Call Dan and he can probably get you a good price since your a repeat customer etc...

Dan? from?

Back