CO dyno day - LaserBob SPECIAL

shayb

Just a heads up:
Okay everyone, I've got a dyno day in the works at GAM in Greeley, CO.

I will have a date set within the next couple of days, but it is looking to be in mid-November or early December.

The very special thing about this dyno day is that we will be raising money to plant a tree and install a plaque at a local park in remembrance of Bethany Gibson Berends, LaserBob's daughter who died in a motorcycle accident just a few short weeks ago. Bethany loved dogs, so we are hoping to have the tree and plaque at the dog park in Greeley.

I have gotten the okay from the Berends family and a preliminary okay from Bruce at GAM. As I said, I will have a date and all the info soon.

What I need now is help! We will need help on the day of the dyno to hook and unhook trucks.
I am also looking for items anyone is willing to donate that we can have a drawing for. We have done this in previous charity dyno days and it really does work great.
If you are a business owner, or just have something you would like to donate to our efforts, please contact me immediately at sblack@lpbroadband.net or 970-219-7502. Truck parts, gift certificates, or really even anything else would be great. We will have both men and women there that day. I plan on hitting some of the local restaurants for some gift cards, as well as the local dealerships, but PLEASE feel free to do so yourself as well. Just keep in contact with me so that I have a running list of the items.

Any funds raised over the amount of the tree and plaque will be put in a fund for Bethany's little sister's education. Bethany felt very strongly about her sister's education. This was a very special girl.

For anyone who would like to read about Bethany, you can visit:
http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=2058289

As soon as I get a date set, I will post back here and will have fliers available that I can email to anyone to print out and hang everywhere.

I thank you all, in advance, for your support of this. I have had so many people contact me asking what they can do for Bob and his family. So, here it is.
Bob has done so much for us all over the years, it's time for us to give back!

Shay

I can't make the dyno but I would like to make a donation. Please let me know how I can do this when the time comes.

Doug

Jetpilot said:
I can't make the dyno but I would like to make a donation. Please let me know how I can do this when the time comes.

Doug
Ditto for me. I never met Bob when I lived in CO but I heard a lot of good things about him.

Update:

I have been in contact with the City of Greeley today, and got information about planting a tree and installing a plaque in the dog park there, Rover's Run. So, that's in motion.

I left a message for Bruce at GAM and we are shooting for Saturday, December 1st.

I'm looking for somebody to provide food, so any ideas, please shoot them to me.

I'm also going to sell tickets for the prize drawing just like we always do for our charity dyno days. I will list the prizes as they come in, and please, please, please if anyone has anything they can donate or get somebody else to donate let me know. T-shirts, hats, truck parts, gift certificates....you guys know the routine.
If anyone wants to just send a check to go straight to the fund, they can make it out to the Colorado Power Stroke Club. All funds will go towards the purchase and installation of the tree and the plaque. Anything over and above will go into the memorial fund set up for Bethany's little sister's education, as well as anything that Bob and Laura might need to help pay for the services they incurred.

I am calling this the Bethany Berends Memorial Diesel Dyno Day. Let's all work hard to give Bethany's family the tribute she and they deserve.

Our truck community is a group of amazing people. Let's all show our big hearts, support and smoke on the dyno!

Shay

P.S. You can email me at sblack@lpbroadband.net and request my mailing address to send donations, or you can use that same email address and use paypal. Just be sure and put that it is for Bethany Berends Memorial in the subject.

Thank you. The outpouring is so touching. Bob will be blown away when this is all said and done.

OKAY! I've got a date! Sorry it is a bit later than we thought, but here goes.

Saturday, December 15th. Greeley Automotive Machine (GAM Racing). The owner, Bruce Yackey, will be donating the profits from the dyno to the memorial fund.

I will need a food vendor, truck hookers and unhookers, general workers, and lots of prizes for our prize drawing. I will sell tickets and ALL of that money will go straight in the memorial fund. Any company that donates prizes/money can put out their company information (fliers, cards..) at the event. Every time I physically get a donation I will post that company's information on every site forum I can.

The memorial fund will be used to purchase a tree and have a plaque made, and installed in the dog park in Greeley. We will set a date for that later, and have a ceremory with the Berends family.

I will get those fliers done (hopefully this weekend) and get them sent out to everyone who requests one. Let's put them up all over the place!!
Spread the word on any other forum that you know of.

Questions? Email them to me at sblack@lpbroadband.net
Thanks everyone!

WOW! There is so much happening with this dyno day - IT IS INSANE!

We have the food covered. Wade's Mom is going to handle that for us, so be sure and bring your appetite, because she has some good cookin. I will have a menu and pricing up soon.

The cost for the dyno will be $45 for three good runs. First come, first serve. Rollers will start at 8:00 am, and we will run till we are done.
Please note that exhaust collectors will be put on all exhausts, even stacks, even BIG stacks.

As for prizes:
Misc gift certificates from restaurants.
Misc t-shirts and/or hats from various performance shops.

From Icebox Cold Air Intake Systems (based in Colorado) - 2 boxes. This is a year old company. They will also have boxes available for purchase at the dyno day and part of the profits from those sales will go into our charity fund.
Visit their website at: http://iceboxmanufacturing.com/

From Champion Auto Group, Greeley - Are you ready for this??
Four brand new tires. size 315/70R17 BFG KO AT This is over $1000 worth of tires guys!!!

From TDR - $100 gift certificate to Geno's Garage http://www.genosgarage.com/
and three gift certificates for a year membership on TDR. These are valued at $35 each and can be used for new members or renewals.
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/

Other donations:
DTT Performance (Bob's trannys) donated $250 to the fund.
GAM Racing is donating the dyno for the day.
WyoTech is sending 10-15 students to come work at the dyno. They will be our helpers and cleaners and will earn extra credit for doing so (some are bringing trucks too).

I've still got other donations waiting in the wings, and will continue to post as the information comes in and is confirmed.

Hope to see you all there. Thanks to everyone!

Shay

The folks in the diesel performance world just never cease to amaze me. Here are some more prizes that are coming in:

ATS - 4 rear diff covers (to fit different trucks), misc t-shirts, hats and some nice hoodie sweatshirts. http://www.atsdiesel.com/ATSWebsite/ProductsFord/DiffPan.asp

Scott at Destroked - Adapter Plate ($795 value). http://www.destroked.com/parts.shtml He is also planning on bringing two trucks he has converted there. One I know is a Ford Cummins with the Allison trans.

Snow Performance - Stage 3 Boost Cooler Snow Performance: Stage 3 Diesel Boost Cooler http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=26

Glacier Diesel Power - Fuel system Glacier Diesel Power http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/product.aspx?pf_id=3929852

More prizes still coming in!!!
**If you have anything you would like to donate, please contact me at 970-219-7502 or sblack@lpbroadband.net

Thanks to everyone!

Hey out there, We are going to run the trucks. :st:

It may be cold outside, but I always heard that the cool air makes great power!

See you Saturday!

I will try to make it, i just did a dyno competition in ABQ on the 8th and i am trin to finish my nos setup. I will donate shirts and hats from edge, diablo and others if i can make it down...

I'm interested in locating more semi-local events like this. I'm in SW Colorado, down by the four corners. Greely would be a drive, but maybe I can make it up that way next year.
Also, ABQ is only 5 or so hours, that wouldn't be bad. Northern AZ possible too.

Where can a guy "find a list" so to speak of goings-on? Truck's just a work truck but I'd like to get on a dyno and maybe try a sled, see if I can break something..

Thanks

Ridemywideglide said:
I'm interested in locating more semi-local events like this. I'm in SW Colorado, down by the four corners. Greely would be a drive, but maybe I can make it up that way next year.
Also, ABQ is only 5 or so hours, that wouldn't be bad. Northern AZ possible too.

Where can a guy "find a list" so to speak of goings-on? Truck's just a work truck but I'd like to get on a dyno and maybe try a sled, see if I can break something..

Thanks

I am trying to keep update calendars and lists of all the happening on my site.

2008 Diesel Schedule

I believe the only thing I've seen announced in AZ is a DHRA drag race. Also the NADM event in Ca will probably be worth driving to. The NHRDA schedule will be released on Jan 1 or there about and should have some events in your area

Ridemywideglide said:

Thanks

Wher r u located? Im in Farmington NM and my Lil diesel group NMTDR.com just did a dyno comp in ABQ on the 8th. We had bout 65 trucks come thru. Come check out the site, were already plannin on some other diesel events in the four corners area.

I'm in Cortez, CO. I had seen a few others talking about ABQ events, that's why I was asking.. That's real close..

Ridemywideglide said:
I'm in Cortez, CO. I had seen a few others talking about ABQ events, that's why I was asking.. That's real close..

OK! Thats close to us! Hows the diesel scene in Cortez? Its huge in farmington. We got a few Twin Turbo cummins runnin 500-600hp range, 2 dmaxs with full trans and turbos in 600+hp range... couple fords on Elites custom tunes and a bunch of others with single aftermarket turbos, water meth and NOS.

Did you go to NMTDR.com yet? Lotsa cummins guys on ther and lotsa good guys on ther too! I run a lil diesel business called UNDERGROUND DIESEL PERFORMANCE LLC when im not out in the oil field. Come down to Farm and hang out.:st:

nwtdiesel said:
OK! Thats close to us! Hows the diesel scene in Cortez? Its huge in farmington. We got a few Twin Turbo cummins runnin 500-600hp range, 2 dmaxs with full trans and turbos in 600+hp range... couple fords on Elites custom tunes and a bunch of others with single aftermarket turbos, water meth and NOS.

Did you go to NMTDR.com yet? Lotsa cummins guys on ther and lotsa good guys on ther too! I run a lil diesel business called UNDERGROUND DIESEL PERFORMANCE LLC when im not out in the oil field. Come down to Farm and hang out.:st:

Yea it is close.. I'm down there alot actually. Usually on the bike. A guy I ride with is a paint contractor down there. You guys have the riding weather when we're froze out. :)

I did sign up with your site, same nick as here. I'm trying to make it down there this weekend for some Christmas shopping. I'll pm my number. I'm really interested in some diesel tech osmosis from more experienced guys.
As for the scene here, it seems bleek but I don't hang with many people here. I work out of town, and usually play out of town. There are several young guys diesels who give me "the nod" when they see my stacks, but I have yet end up in a race or even talk to them.
As far as any diesel talent here, I couldn't tell ya. It's Cortez, if you've been here I don't need to say any more. :evil

Back