Co-worker Is Calling Me Out

mpracehemi

HP NUT
He's got a new GTO supercharged and wants to race my truck, think I got him?? We both agreed on a rolling start and going for a 1/4 mile.

It's an '08 or '09, he's had it a few months and it's all stock.

I've only made 2 passes with my truck which was no traction runs. I'm in the process of hopefully fixing that, at least getting some traction down the track with drag radials and ladderbars. Maybe putting some weight in the bed...

The gto should take you they have alot of top end charge they just suck out of the hole

That GTO is gonna be a tough cookie to beat. A supercharged ls3 (or are they still the ls2) isn't something to be sneezed at.

His car, IF HE CAN DRIVE, will run a mid 11 to LOW 12.
Thats if he can drive. Anything can happen, he could miss a gear, smoke the tires, you know anything.

If I were you Id get some traction bars and try to borrow some slicks or get som drag radials and air them down some.

GOOD LUCK! Keep us posted.

That GTO is gonna be a tough cookie to beat. A supercharged ls3 (or are they still the ls2) isn't something to be sneezed at.

LS2.
Personally I cant stand them, or any chevy product. No style, and cheap.

Give me a Challenger or a stang anyday.

Then again, I grew up on stangs.

i think you got em. i use to whoop up on a procharged gto and a turbo gto here when i had my blue VP truck. that was only at 713hp.

He's a heavy set kid and the car is a stick so I think by next week (that's when we're supposed to go at it, plus I'm trying to keep it low keyed as to which day so if anyone has a idea of calling the boys in blue on us) he'll back down. He know I have twin turbos but that's all he knows about my truck.

I'v taken a couple of co-workers for a ride and thy're telling him that it'll slam'em to the seat.

So if we do end up going at it, it'll be close.....I haven't lost in a street race YET. Not saying I street race alot, here and there IF someone wants to play and I won't play if alot of traffic, that's why it's before work not during lunch or after work like they suggested in the beginning.

A supercharged ls1 car will mash you from a roll unless you're trapping 115 or better, the ls2 or later years with square port head will respond even better to boost. If I was you I wouldn't put money on it unless you're making some huge power! The fact that he's a stick car makes it even more in his favor from a roll. When my cam and bolt on only (headers and small stuff certainly no charger) 01 camaro ss was running 11.60s I was trapping 117 mph, 11.98 at 119 mph on 17" diameter nitto drag radials. Good luck either way.

Too bad you arent 4wd because then you could go from a stop and burn him out of the hole.

Just be sure you are spooled and ready to go when you all turn em loose. Turbo lag can cost you the race if you arent ready.

I think you will get him myself. Just be sure that you race from a MPH that puts you in a good spot RPM wise.

Eric

My 02 ran consistant 11.8x's and a gto was the only car i ever lost to on the street. Don't know the person that owned the car so i have no details on it.

I know, not much help.

Also, there are always those cars that the tuning is off in or the parts combination is no good too so maybe that's the case although it would be hard to screw it up that bad. If you don't jump him (turbo's up and lit) you're going to have a real hard time.

Didn't see the 2x4 thing, if you're running enough power to take this race man you better get a tire that hooks too. My turd with a calculator estimated 590rwhp (based on weight and et) spins pretty wild in 2x4 when the 468 lights during the 2nd to 3rd shift!

Not trying to be the pesimistic one, just want you to be prepared!

If you want to find out what you're in for go over the ls1tech.com and probe around the forced induction section.

At least it'll be fun either IF I win or lose.....it's an addrenilin rush anyway. Earlier I googled the gto and seen the last yr was '06. I was wrong thinking it was new...he had a suburu (??) fast one, and he screwed it up with meth. inj., the gto is his latest victom.

Some of ya think I'll smoke him and some say I'll get smoked, time will tell I guess. I think it'll be close either way, and depends how many mistakes we both make, remember it's gonna be too freakin' early in the morning.

I'm gonna try and spool up quicker with holding the brake as we're preparing on the roll start, try it tomorrow morning on the way in to work. Haven't done it before...

There is no 08 or 09 gto They stopped production of them in 06.

Was just thinking that myself. Maybe he has a G8 if it is new it has to be one of those. Factory charged new vehicle might be a G6 GxP supercharged v6. GXP G6 is 252 hp. G8 GXP has 415 hp.

Back