cold pipe from ht3b to hx40?

rattlindodge

So i have 4 inch exhaust for the cold pipe but the ht3b i have has a 3.5 inch flared edge, what is the best method to get down to 3.5 inches with the flared edge? or can you get a 3.5 to 4 inch boot? if so does the 4 inch cold pipe need to have the flared edge?

I use a 4inch by 3 inch silicone 90 on mine. The truck has an air compressor over the alt. so there's not much room to spare. A little looking will get you a 3.5 X4 silicone adapter. They can be found fairly reasonable.

thanks for the info guys, but one question i still have, does the cold pipe( charge air pipe) need a flared, raised or expanded sealing lip? The hair spray trick seems like a cheap fix that might actually work?

V band clamp it, kinda like mine...

IMG_0422.jpg

Ohh, Tubes, Nice...

Ya like that? Me too LOL

I didn't build them. Bought them from a friend who got them from the guy who did. Pretty unique if you ask me. Also has that WOW factor when you pop the hood and there's a fat shiny turbo staring you right in the face.

Random pictures. Second is pretty recent. Intake horn is painted nice satin black now.
IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

hmm... i need to start checking out room on my ford for something like that. definitely different but probably too much fabbing to be worth it.

Garrett

ahh, ive got a good idea about dropping the secondary down without making a full on header.

Garrett

I must say that even with twins under my hood, my underhood temps seemed to have gone down since the header and exhaust housings are all microcoated and my dp has exhaust wrap around it. I was a b*tch getting the 5" dp to fit. Had to unbolt the tranny crossmember and jack up the tranny to get it in there, but it fits.

that is a pretty slick setup, one of these days i'm gunna have my s400 up top to show it off :lolly:

Back