Comes down to Customer Service

DieselFan808

Alright, so I'm on the market for an AirDog II 4G.
I know its what i want, and AirDog is having a sale so most dealers across the board have lowered their prices.
With that said, now its all about the Customer Service.
Which companies do ya'll recommend to buy the product through?

I can't comment on different companies that sell them because I bought mine from AirDog directly almost 10 years ago. I've been very satisfied with their CS. The only issues I've had was the seal leaking internally and shorting out the motor. The three times that happened, they were nothing but helpful with me........others WILL disagree with me......just make sure you mail your warranty card back into them. Last July my AD motor failed, so I updated to the 4G motor......lasted 3 weeks......seal failed internally again. They shipped me a new one free of charge!!!! Maybe its coincidence, but after the new motor, I started running ashless 2-stroke oil with my fuel......I'm wondering if the ULSD is what's causing the seal failures.....and things have been fine and truck runs smoother than it ever has. Just my .02

I had an air dog. Drive about 60k with it and it dies in middle of winter last year. I never mailed in the warranty card...I have a fass now

I can't comment on different companies that sell them because I bought mine from AirDog directly almost 10 years ago. I've been very satisfied with their CS. The only issues I've had was the seal leaking internally and shorting out the motor. The three times that happened, they were nothing but helpful with me........others WILL disagree with me......just make sure you mail your warranty card back into them. Last July my AD motor failed, so I updated to the 4G motor......lasted 3 weeks......seal failed internally again. They shipped me a new one free of charge!!!! Maybe its coincidence, but after the new motor, I started running ashless 2-stroke oil with my fuel......I'm wondering if the ULSD is what's causing the seal failures.....and things have been fine and truck runs smoother than it ever has. Just my .02

Okay cool, I'll just order directly from them then. It'll probably be safer in case I lose the paperwork. LOL. Thanks

As far as the leaking issues, they recently "dealt" with the 4g issues. I'll be soon to find out.:Cheer:

I had an air dog. Drive about 60k with it and it dies in middle of winter last year. I never mailed in the warranty card...I have a fass now

I'll make sure to send the paperwork in then! No excuses, with a notification of delivery!!

I used FASS a few years back, switched to AD and never looked back. I've been fortunate to not have had any issues when i had it on a previous truck.
I bought it at a local shop then though.

Thanks for your input.

Yea, make sure you do that. Until mine died it worked great. I think the winter fuel or the fact it was -20 for like a month straight had something to do with it.

yep, if you dont send them that little blue card, they wont help you. that mistake cost me a pump.

and then on my 2nd gen i did what i was supposed to do and all was fine

Cool thanks guys.
I called AirDog earlier and they no longer take orders?
I ended up calling Thoroughbred Diesel and its on the way.
Unfortunately its too fn cold to work outside so itll be a while before i install it.

Will the truck still run with the air dog not working? My fast relay took a dump on me and I drove it for awhile before I realized it wasn't working. Cp3 was able to pull fuel out of the tank thru the fass. I finally noticed it when the truck stalled a couple times

Cool thanks guys.
Unfortunately its too fn cold to work outside so itll be a while before i install it.

When you get the pump, open it and fill out the warranty card. It needs sent in within 30 day of purchase.

Cool thanks guys.

Like many of the other vendors on here the guys at Thoroughbred are class acts! Good customer service AND good prices!

Like many of the other vendors on here the guys at Thoroughbred are class acts! Good customer service AND good prices!
Yeah they were very friendly when I called. The order was very quick and I received it 3 days later. I believe it was the KY branch.
My new intake just came in, went with aFe's pro dry series. A bit smaller than the BHAF. Am going to purchase the fuel bowl delete from Fleece because I want the WIF sensor for peace of mind. I'm also installing bypass kit but just waiting on the stainless valve. Was thinking about getting a manual boost controller... No, I won't crank it to wide open lol. I'm not on the market for a turbo yet.

I just did today, received it yesterday. Sent it via Certified mail so it has to be signed for.
Hopefully they sign for it :eek:

Call in a few days and make sure they got it, just some added insurance. Our wonderful postal service is known for losing stuff. Ask for Jan.

When you get the pump, open it and fill out the warranty card. It needs sent in within 30 day of purchase.

Hmmm I don't believe my ad ii df 165 is warrantied then... because I don't think I sent in the warranty card till I installed it which was almost a year later...

Hmmm I don't believe my ad ii df 165 is warrantied then... because I don't think I sent in the warranty card till I installed it which was almost a year later...
Yeah, the warranty card for me was a green paper that clearly stated that if it wasn't turned in within 30 days of purchase, you will automatically be opted for a one year warranty.

Installed the AirDog yesterday and I am very pleased. The RPM needle is stuck on 750 steady, good steady psi and slight drop at WOT.
I'll be hand calculating any mileage gains. But I can definitely feel the difference in performance. The fleece fuel bowl delete looks nice in there and that aFe filter is awesome. I can hear it chugging the air, the thing barely fit!

Back