Commerce Update....

Hey guys! Most of you don't know me but I am 2003EDGE on alot of other sites. I made it out to this event to watch the happenings. I didn't get to meet many of you but I did get a chance to look over the serious hardware in the pits! I found myself walking through the pits ALOT on Saturday while the gassers were running and they were cleaning up the track over and over and over.

Has anyone ever had a stupid group of ricers sit behind them and not understand what "lighting the second turbo" means? I even heard the comment "my civic could take that" This was right after the 10.5 run from the D-Max!

I am seriously considering making the run down the the Texas event. Hopefully there will be a big turnout and no gassers to slow the event down lol

I just wanted to say that this was a blast as always. It was nice sitting back and seeing some great trucks run and having a few beers during track clean up! :Cheer: Thanks Billy for the great command post!

My only complaint is that these events just make me want to spend more money on the truck that I don't need to!! I need a tranny!! :woohoo:

I can't wait till the next event that I am able to go to!

Kevin

We had a good time but it was a long weeknd for us, we got back to CA at 1:00 am PST last night, It was a pleasure to meet some of you all its to bad we didn't meet everyone but there is always next time,
I have to admit I have seen some pretty quick trucks this weekend even thou we Sled pull I was impressed with ALL the trucks that ran, Wide open it was nice to spend a few min's with you in the pits, The TS crew took every good care of us and I will always remember that, Its to bad Steve drank to much Sat night It made for a vary long trip for him as well, Buck, and Jess my hats are off you you guys. again thanks for everything
Bryan Kinney
PSYCHOSTROKER

Glad you guys made it cack to Cal. fine.. those long days in flight are rough.

Cool, I will definately have to try to make it to TX :)

Yeah, I saw ALOT of competition diesel stickers being displayed this weekend as well :)

Glad you guys Made it back Brian. It was nice to meet you!

Richard and his Flop-Flips......I had the best time this weekend. One day I will have the Sun Coast and will be able to run a little more. I have never laughed so much with the "DRUNK" Soot. I can't wait til the pics get posted of that. Thanks everyone that make this weekend happen. It was great to see such a large turn out. Now we just need a sled and Diesel Only. "Build it and they will come."

Unbroken....I saw your truck in the new Diesel Power, have you seen it yet? It is on page 80. I just noticed it Sunday looking thru it.

As you local folks know, I didn't make it. One reason. And I'll be honest, I'm tired of borrowing wheel and tires to run, and I just don't have the $900 to put out. Other things come first.

But one question, who is the feller with the shaved head and blue arms? And those weights on his ears have gotta keep him out on the pool. I bet he can't swim 10 feet.

I'm glad y'all had a good time. But is David that good a referee?

And Brandon, way to go. Big time.

..PrestonL

turbothom said:
As you local folks know, I didn't make it. One reason. And I'll be honest, I'm tired of borrowing wheel and tires to run, and I just don't have the $900 to put out. Other things come first.

But one question, who is the feller with the shaved head and blue arms? And those weights on his ears have gotta keep him out on the pool. I bet he can't swim 10 feet.

I'm glad y'all had a good time. But is David that good a referee?

And Brandon, way to go. Big time.

..PrestonL

We got'a get ya some tires. Heck, maybe just use the 4x4?

Shaved head is Rich, UNBROKEN. .......I'm sure he can swim quite well as he likes diving for clams quite often or is it Tuna? LOL

Last edited:
Hey RICH did you see my last post?

Yea we missed the Old Bald Head Man

Preston, my phone seemed to work fine? Although, I'm sure there were a few missed or dropped calls. Check your voicemail and call me back........

How does this point system work? Do you loose points for oiling the track at the box or while going down the track?:bang

SMOKINSTROKE said:
I even heard the comment "my civic could take that" This was right after the 10.5 run from the D-Max!

He must have been thinking his running 1/8 mile and the truck running 1/4.

What a week I've had. :bang

Points leader Philip Palmer of Stuckey Racing defeated Jeff Garmon in the final round to repeat as event winner. Some may have forgotten, Philip's first race was Atlanta 2005 where he attended and won his first race with DHRA. Congrats to Stuckey Racing. Jeff Garmon once again proved, you gotta finish to win.

Buck Spruill set another performance record running the 10.49 previously mentioned by Amy. Again, awesome job and congrats on the new record.

Quick Diesel was the best I've seen. A field of 9 racers all capable of running the index.

Brandon Meyers competed in his fist ever Quick Diesel race and came home with the win. Meyers also secured the Garmon award for best package (0.150) and Top MPH. (114.35)

The finals had Meyers facing points leader Jim Layden in a close fight to the finish. Both trucks had been running consistent all day but Meyers .029 reaction time on a 12.143 pass was enough to cover Laydens 12.10 run. Both trucks traped at 114 mph and change.

This class was fun to watch. Great reaction times and close ET's from all drivers meant there was side by side action all day. Truly a racers class!! Congrats Brandon on a great job winning over some very tough competition.

Bracket was another big class. Billy Counts (Billy Ram) pulled out the victory as 2nd place winner John Tallant went red. Billy bought back in after a first round loss which payed off as his reaction times and ET's were dead on the rest of the day.

Will Harris repeated as winner for the manual transmission class for the 2nd time. Will’s 2002 Dodge 2500 recorded a best pass of 14.15 at 95 mph for the $250 certificate from South Bend and $200 DPM cash.

Top Diesel - WOW

Keating new best 8.81, Dr. Performance, new best pass 8.62. Scheid on the last pass of the day trying to better their already awesome 7.70 @ 181 mph, ended up slipping the tranny after running a 1.17 60 foot and a 3.16 330 foot. Drag Guess estimates that pass would have been a high 7.30 at 191. Tells me those guys are on the right track. But all of the Pro Teams looked like Pro’s and put on a Pro caliber show.

A huge thank you to everyone that came and endured a very long day at the track. I don’t have attendance numbers yet, but there were a lot of folks out there.

Thanks to the sponsors for providing the means to make it all happen. Without them, we have no race. They would be one more time:

TS Performance
Suncoast Converters
Mass Diesel
Competition Diesel.com
Stuckey Racing
DP Tuner
South Bend Clutch
Silverline Exhaust
And Garmon’s Diesel Performance

Just wanted to add another thanks to David for all the work he did for this event, and Mike for running around all day at the dyno! I had a lot of fun too, until I put myself out in third round brackets by a .032 red light :bang Theres always next time :rockwoot:

BUCKSHOT said:
Unbroken....I saw your truck in the new Diesel Power, have you seen it yet? It is on page 80. I just noticed it Sunday looking thru it.
:ylsuper:

Back