Common Rail Girdles

Brayden

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Anybody making aftermarket girdles for the common rail yet?

:ft:

II has some on their site... though I think they are all just stock stiffener plates from Cummins with hole drilled in them for the 14mm mainstuds to go through. Add a shimm between the plate and main cap and Walla! a $450+ girdle that Cummins sells for $55 minus the holes LOL

I'm just going on what the pics look like... if I'm wrong, tell me.

Last edited:
Here is ours... Machined from a single piece of precision ground, hardened steel. ;) Longer 12mm studs are included and 14mm is an option. This girdle bears directly on the caps for increased preload and rigidity.

Let me know what you think :woohoo::ft:*nx*

Brayden

Attachments

• IMG_0049_Resize.jpg
    IMG_0049_Resize.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0051_Resize.jpg
    IMG_0051_Resize.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0052_Resize.jpg
    IMG_0052_Resize.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0053_Resize.jpg
    IMG_0053_Resize.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 57
That's the proto... I ordered more plate last week so we'll see how the production parts go as far as time/cost etc... It will be more than the price that was posted in the thread earlier though.. but this is much nicer I'd bet.

Brayden

I'd have to say we're going to be near the price of the Kenny's unit. We don't have a spacer between the cap and plate though, it's all one unit. Blanchard ground and accurate to .001 over the entire distance for even bearing preload.

I mistyped above...the 12mm studs aren't included but are standard.. 14mm is an option.

Back