common rail turbo on 12v (drain tube Q?)

Exodus

guys, what have you used for your turbo swap? I have a rear dump manifold and this is the best I could come up with. Will it work, or is it too level?

Thanks

20171028_170618.jpg

20171028_170638.jpg

Other option is weld a fitting into the pan for a return. I did this when I built my motor just for future reference if I decided to run triples and not want to share drains.

Other option is weld a fitting into the pan for a return. I did this when I built my motor just for future reference if I decided to run triples and not want to share drains.

Brother, I'm kicking myself for not doing it. The engine is sealed up and the pan is a nightmare to get off with a destroked adapter plate. I've been thinking all night how to drill a 3/4 hole in there without getting chips everywhere.

So far, i'm thinking take the drain plug out, and stick the shopvac on it. Step drill the hole, wash it out with a couple liters of gas and take a look with my borescope.

Option 2 would be to take a punch to it, fold the corners in, and weld the fitting in.

I'm pretty stressed about it actually.

I vote a hole saw in the pan and weld or Epoxy a drain in. Just go slow and remember to take the spring out of the hole saw if it has one, BTDT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weld a 3/4 black pipe union onto the side of the pan
Then knock a hole in it with a sharp wide circle punch
Have a pre taped brass barb fitting reading for install
Have the drain hose ready for the barb fitting
And Shazam!

Takes about 20 min. If you fail to weld perfectly be ready with some starting fluid, compressed air and quick set jb weld.

Grind off the paint. Doing it this way gets absolutly zero metal debris in your oil and you dont have to do an oil change.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I threw a temper tantrum this morning and ripped the pan off and welded it in. Mocked it back up and it's going to work with a silicone hose. I'll clean it up tomorrow, regasket and bolt it back together.

pics.....

Attachments

• 20171029_173855.jpg
    20171029_173855.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20171029_173904.jpg
    20171029_173904.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 0
Back