comp - smarty

red smoker

dodgeboy
My wife has a 99 and the last pull of the year i added the timing on the smarty. The truck ran better than it has ever run 26ft further than with no smarty timing. Just wondering what will happen. She was first hook so i ran it both ways. thanks :Cheer:

She has a Edge comp & runs it with Smarty timing settings? What settings?

Its an edge comp

I'm not sure what it would hurt, but when I ran that combo, I was told to only run even numbers because too much timing with comp. I never had the guts to try it as everyone said it wasn't good to do. I wish I could run more timing with my Adrenaline/Smarty stack, but Quad told me its not a good idea. I've asked why not?, but noone replied.

I have been wanting to get one but my buddy has one so we been just downloading after we hook if we have time. I was told the same to run the even numbers but he has been running the odds with no problems so i tried it what a difference. It didnt even look like the same truck going the track.

i run mine both ways and cant really tell the diff. comp 5x5 and smarty on 8 or 9....werks either way.

ive got a smarty with a tst comp box stacked and i can run both and the smarty with odds and have no problem i know they say not to but ive always been the curious stuborn type

has anyone ever had any problems with their tst comp box mine will like work sometimes and sometimes not anybody know whats goin on?

The tst comp doesn't add timing so you 'can' run the smarty on odd levels unlike the edge comp where you 'should' just run the smarty on even numbers.

Possibly a loose connection causing it to work sometimes and not others?

Back