Compass stuck and won't calibrate.

4x4dually

Has anyone had the compass stick on SE or any other direction and NOT allow you to get to the "calibrate" screen to try and fix it? I've got it scheduled to see the dealer next Thursday but wanted to know if anyone has delt with it and I could fix it without them monkey'n with it.

I've searched the webs. I found nothing that works.

You have to drive around in counter clock wise circles and rub your belly at the same time. That will get 'er done.

So you are saying you are totally lost cause the truck compass is incorrect?

You tell your wife you still know where you are driving?

lol

The bumper to bumper warranty expireS in OCT. If I can't fix it myself, then Dodge will be doing it before warranty runs out. Not because I need it, because it don't work and should.

Longhorn fan? NEVA!!!!!! LOL

Manual says to drive in two or three circles at less than 5 mph. But, it has to be in "cal" mode to do that. In order to get to "cal" you go to compass and hold the "reset" button for 10 seconds. "CAL" appears....but it don't appear. I should also be able to set the "variance" of due north....but it won't let me do that either. I think the module needs replaced, but wanted to see if anyone had any tricks to try before I left it next door for a day. The longer the dealer stays out of my truck the better IMO.

That's what Apple says to do.......

that too.

Manual says to drive in two or three circles at less than 5 mph. But, it has to be in "cal" mode to do that. In order to get to "cal" you go to compass and hold the "reset" button for 10 seconds. "CAL" appears....but it don't appear. I should also be able to set the "variance" of due north....but it won't let me do that either. I think the module needs replaced, but wanted to see if anyone had any tricks to try before I left it next door for a day. The longer the dealer stays out of my truck the better IMO.

Have you rebooted the truck yet?

43245064-260x260-0-0_Ritchie+Ritchie+Explorer+Compass+Dash+Mountdial+Si.jpg

Back