Compound Drivability- VIDEOS

CanadianRedneck

Alright guys. A lot of you wanted to see videos of the drivabilty of a compound setup in a daily driver vehicle. Now here you go. Me and Shawn decided to take some vids tonight of another compound setup we built here in our hometown.

It's stats are as follows: 62/70 high pressure charger, S475 low pressure charger, 205cc injectors.

Oh yah.....it's also running on 41 inch tires and like 14 inches of lift!!!

The truck is also running on a street file. Just so you guys know. Watch the vids and post away with your thoughts...good or bad....

YouTube - Ford 6.0L compounds accelleration from dead stop, view of guages

YouTube - Ford 6.0L compounds slight acceleration uphill

YouTube - Ford 6.0L compounds view of motor and burnout vid

YouTube - Ford 6.0L compounds spoolup vid

YouTube - Ford 6.0L compounds accelerating hard from a dead stop

Compound turbocharging is about the best way to keep a truck nice to drive on the street and still be able to burn some fuel up top.

Here's a video from a year or so ago that I dug up after watching those you just posted. 88mm first stage, 66mm second, but a couple extra cubes.

Stabbed the throttle right after I got straight with the road after the turn. Little small, but a snappy setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWCSU7eeUCA

The drivability and having power at most all points in the rev range makes compounds work well. IIRC I was running either 35's or 37's at the time making mid 5's with a best of 590 on those injectors. But it was fun to drive.

it is. Didn't you hear his super lopey idle? LOL Charles owning a 6.0? I don't think so! LOL

I had only been tuning on my own for a few months at the time. I have since cured the harsh idle but retained the response.

Yeah, it's a 7.3, hence the lack of raspy gasser sound, lol.

Im not running anything spectacular now, stock sticks and turbo so ive never run anything bigger on my truck....yet. but it seems that with proper tuning theres really no need to go with huge injectors. I know Eric has gotten a ton of fuel out of my stock sticks and im sure he can really get alot out of a moderate size injector. looks like a really nice daily driver setup and those compounds clean up those 205s nicely.

The idle is so rough coming up to the corner, the whole truck is shaking....watch the gauge pillar on the left, compared to the road...

Man, once it lites, that b!tch is gone!!!

The idle is so rough coming up to the corner, the whole truck is shaking....watch the gauge pillar on the left, compared to the road...

Man, once it lites, that b!tch is gone!!!

this thing runs so smooth, rough is what your truck runs like. your more than welcome to come up here and see for your self, the suspention in this truck is so rough you feel every bump in the road

55-60psi with 30 coming out of the s475, yes i liked the burn out on the dirt to. i'm not breaking someones truck just to make a video. he's already twisted a drive shaft,

55-60psi with 30 coming out of the s475, yes i liked the burn out on the dirt to. i'm not breaking someones truck just to make a video. he's already twisted a drive shaft,

that understandin ,theres a big difference in 60psi of pressure over 60psi of volume of twins thats bad@$$

Back