compound piping help!!!

jake2001

Been looking around on the internet a lot lately looking for ideas on how to run the piping for twins on my 2001. I'm sure there is someone out there that has a thread for this already but I haven't found one. So anyone have pictures of their setups and how hard it was to make? I don't want to buy the piping if I don't have to. Any help is very appreciated!

It's really hard to build the piping for less than you can buy a kit for these days. What turbos are you wanting to use?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

It's really hard to build the piping for less than you can buy a kit for these days. What turbos are you wanting to use?

Using a s363 for the primary and them a s480 for the secondary

Little = secondary, big = primary. A straight forward top and bottom setup would be fine for an s300/s400 set.

If the search function above doesn't do you any good, on whatever search engine you prefer to use type in what your looking for, example: compound piping and then after it add site:competitiondiesel . com

It will display threads and posts that "compound piping" has been mentioned in. Good luck if you decide to build your piping!

Sorry new to this but is that where the primary is below the secondary? If so I really don't want to go that route if I don't have to because of the weight there. I was hoping to mount primary up by where the second battery tray is.

If the search function above doesn't do you any good, on whatever search engine you prefer to use type in what your looking for, example: compound piping and then after it add site:competitiondiesel . com

It will display threads and posts that "compound piping" has been mentioned in. Good luck if you decide to build your piping!

Thanks for the help man. And ya I think I'm going to but kinda looking to get feed back on how others set theirs up. And if they have do and don'ts on it.

Yeah man of course. Whether you put the primary under the secondary like chevota84 mentioned or up next to it, you will have to make/use some sort of mount to hold the weight of the primary to keep it from hanging.

If you decide to mount it up top next to the secondary, give yourself enough room from parts that don't torque over with the motor. You don't want to put stress on any of the plumbing from not letting it move with/as the motor does.

Search until your fingers bleed and I promise you'll find exactly what you need to know! I myself do not have the knowledge that most do on here so I'm sure you can find and recieve way more valuable info.

Sorry new to this but is that where the primary is below the secondary? If so I really don't want to go that route if I don't have to because of the weight there. I was hoping to mount primary up by where the second battery tray is.
Yes. Over/under is how most 2nd Gen street trucks are set up, it keeps everything compact. With an over/under setup you only have to worry about flex in 2 places where a side by side has flex in 4 places, unless you build a huge support from the motor for the primary. A buddy of mine has been running an hx35/ht3 side by side set for 10 years or so with good success. I prefer the top and bottom, no messing with batteries and much tidier.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457756845.169079.jpg

This is a 63/480 in the final steps of the build . Piping was very easy in this configuration . Full 5" exhaust from turbo back as well . If you can fabricate and afford the downtime I would suggest you build it yourself . Columbia river mandrel bends has excellent pricing on the tubing .

View attachment 62224

This is a 63/480 in the final steps of the build . Piping was very easy in this configuration . Full 5" exhaust from turbo back as well . If you can fabricate and afford the downtime I would suggest you build it yourself . Columbia river mandrel bends has excellent pricing on the tubing .

Do you have more pics of your set up?

Yes I'll take a bunch and send them to you . Message me your number or email so I don't fill the thread up with pictures

Back