Compound Turbo 12v high egt issues

1stgenpullin

Finally dialing in the wastegate and seeing total boost 85 psi with 55 psi coming out of the primary. It'll bury my 1600 egt gauge in 2nd gear on the street. Time for high pressure water injection? Truck is a drag/street machine btw. My first high boost 12v build any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
How much timing are you running? Are you letting the pump go to full rack travel or do you have a fuel stop of some sort to try different fueling amounts?

26 degrees gutted afc, I believe more timing and fuel may lower egts into an acceptable range. Getting it on the dyno soon.

Waiting for the right springs to come just seeing what it does with full fuel.

You are seeing what it will do with that much fuel...get hot. If you are worried about egts then a gutted afc with 5x18 and full cuts is counterintuitive.

Yeah I agree just didn't expect it with a stock pump, I was planning on bigger injectors and benching my 180 or go 13mm but am I already pushing the primary to its limits?

Put an afc on it, ditch the full cuts and tune it so your fuel doesn't come on too hard before the air is there. It may still get warm, but it won't be until much later into WOT runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are getting alot of fuel from that 180 pump with 5x.018. The full cuts don't start and stop the injection event as cleanly. So egts are always higher. 7mm would bring the temps down. The AFC might really be all you need to change though.

With 5x.022s and full cuts in a maxed 180 63/68 480/96 compounds my egts would get to around 1400 at wot. Starting to think somthing was off because you should be flowing more lbs/min with the ht4c.

Things are better with the afc on but it'll still hit 1800+ in 3rd, yeah at wot there is still a dense haze of smoke at 50 psi out of the ht4c 85 psi total

Your boost from the primary seems high versus the overall boost. Sounds like a 12v to me, pull some fuel.

How much tuning did you do on the AFC? It's not slap it on and go.
Chris

Well I can add more total boost by adjusting my gate, and yeah I've put a bunch of time into it I need a stiffer spring. I have a bd medium spring and it's nowhere near stiff enough.

Last edited:
Put the big governor spring from a 160 pump in the AFC and it'll give you full fuel somewhere around 60 psi. Ditch the full cuts for some kind of comp DV with a shoulder on it. If you tighten the gate will it lower the interstage boost? The pressure ratio on your primary is 4.3 and your secondary is 1.5....

Well I can add more total boost by adjusting my gate, and yeah I've put a bunch of time into it I need a stiffer spring. I have a bd medium spring and it's nowhere near stiff enough.

You don't want higher boost...you want better airflow.

I made 630hp on 38psi...boost is restriction, you want efficient airflow.
Chris

At this point stock dvs would be worth trying to see what you can do. I have enough fuel out of stock dvs in my 180 pump with 7x11 injectors to get 45 psi out of my old s464 with the afc in tact. I actually needed to tune smoke out still with my afc live.

Back