Compression on a 3.0 engine

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
Guys
Doing a tear down on my 12v. gonna bite the bullet it and build it to 3.0 capability or as close as i can afford. I have always had a compression issue and new pistons are in the very near future. I am trying to figure out what c/r i can safely run and what pistons will get me there. Stock is 17.5 to 1. Currently i am down to close to 12:1. This is my biggest problem. Also how much compression loss can one factor in with flycuts of say .100 thou. Ill be going more than that but it's a good number to work off of.
Thanks for all yalls help and info.

Lynn

it might even start without either at 15.5.....

Lord id hope so... this poor truck has a BAD addiction right now. lol

Lynn

Are you running custom "short rods"; the super custom hydro-locked version!!!

How did you end up with 12:1 on your current motor? You might as well call it a gasser at that point, just need to add some spark plugs LOL

Are you running custom "short rods"; the super custom hydro-locked version!!!

How did you end up with 12:1 on your current motor? You might as well call it a gasser at that point, just need to add some spark plugs LOL

Well the rods were fine last i saw, but thats been awhile. My c/r is so low due to having Decked pistons and not being flycut. at the time of the last cam swap didnt have the means to flycut em at the time.

Lynn

Back