Congratulations! Smith truck goes 9's ALL MOTOR!

banshee

Rower
Many high fives to Jimmy and Dale Smith for running the first 4WD and first All Motor 9 second pro street passes at IRP this weekend. Hopefully one of them can post the slip, but I was told it went 9.97 @ 139. The truck broke out of the 10.50 index but came back to win the Quick 4. Way to go guys! That is one heck of a ride!!

*nx* Nahhhhhh!!!

He drove that thing the whole way down. That truck is an ANIMAL.

Lotts of blood and sweat for that slip. Good job fellas.

It was a awesome pass..the truck was nasty...he fought it the whole length of the track.

havent meet those guys yet but from those that i know that have they are top notch guys,we hope to have them down for next years obx bountyhunter drags,way to go guys....

I would agree 100% when talking about gas engines, Forrest. I view diesels a little differently, though. This truck is drug free. #2 and a little H20 only.

My SINCERE CONGRATULATIONS to my good friends Jimmy and Dale Smith on finally hitting the "elusive" 9 second club!!:rockwoot: Good job guys!!
Any of you that know these two fine people can relate to how hard they have worked to get their Pro-Street Truck to this point. The scary thing is the truck is doing it on all #2 diesel fuel with some water injection to keep things cool and IMO still has more in it! I am looking forward to the Clay City Event!

Jimmy and Dale,..........CONGRATS to you guys!! I am proud to call you both my friends and to be associated with the "Smitty Racing Team!"

--------
John_P

banshee said:
I would agree 100% when talking about gas engines, Forrest. I view diesels a little differently, though. This truck is drug free. #2 and a little H20 only.
Congrats! I also wouldn't call water injection "all motor", but 9's are impressive for ANYONE!!

brandon.

That truck was just plain out NASTY, and ran really smooth no spittin and sputterin. CONGRATS Smith bros.

i'm GUESSING this truck is street legal?? correct me if i'm wrong (new to these forums!)

Not a nicer bunch of guys out there. Great job, and congrats. See you in Denver.

thanks for the comments guys, just hoping it wasn't a fluke and that the truck can do it again. i would like to thank the people that made that run possible and that is Valvoline supplying the oil and fluids we need and Scheid Diesel for the great pulling motor that we have and to ATS Diesel for putting the power to the ground to cause a traction problem. hope to see everyone again in clay city.

Stucky was there...they made a few ok passes but nothing quite like Jimmy Smith.

smittybuilt said:
Scheid Diesel for the great pulling motor that we have

Hands down, best line in this thread................. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Wait till Comp sees this:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

-Tom

I can't remember if I saw the pass or not. I'll have to look at my vids.

Is this the same truck that ran at IRP two years ago and got about 3/4 down the track and broke something? Or am I thinking of a different truck?

Back