Connecting Rods

currently there are not a lot of options.

Tim (Dalpilot) opted to go with Cunningham
I don't know if anyone uses Hypermax rods. I think there are only a couple other options out there.

I know when I go to build my big motor this year, Cunningham will be my first call.

I put Hypermax rods in my motor. Corey Atley's old truck pulling 6.0 has Hypermax also. I would bet that if you took all the 6.0's that everyone can think of that have rods, Hypermax would be in the majority of them.

Your probably right, but I needed/wanted rods that were shorter to reduce the compression beyond what was available in the pistons RCH. Crower made two sets, I have serial number 1 and 2. LOL

Don't tell me it was more than a bent pushrod Brody!?

ya, its a lot more than that.

I put Hypermax rods in my motor. Corey Atley's old truck pulling 6.0 has Hypermax also. I would bet that if you took all the 6.0's that everyone can think of that have rods, Hypermax would be in the majority of them.

i will probably go with the hypermax's, i talked to them today and im thinking about some of there pistons while im that deep already.

i will probably go with the hypermax's, i talked to them today and im thinking about some of there pistons while im that deep already.

I would suggest that you have them do your heads with the valve seat up grade while you are at it.

ron and max at hypermax do awesome work, they know the ins and outs of the 6 leaker, tell ron what hp level your shooting for and he'll set you up with the right parts

If I were to do it again, and I did not need the reduced length, I would go Hypermax rods.

At what point do you decide that you go with rods? I know of the 6.0's infamous valve float. Is there an infamous rod or bearing issue? Or would you just do rods to hold higher hp and more rpm?

At what point do you decide that you go with rods? I know of the 6.0's infamous valve float. Is there an infamous rod or bearing issue? Or would you just do rods to hold higher hp and more rpm?

Depends on how you talk to and what you are doing. Rods are recommended by many with anything over 600 regularly. With spray, many people are over 600 and things are holding fine.

Back