Convert a 4wd to a 2wd

morkable

Just Over Broke
I am tossing over the idear of converting my truck from a 4wd to a 2 wd... I understand the basics, but have a few questions... please keep in mind, this is a competition truck only.

How beefy of A-arms would I need? Could a person use some out of say a mustang II?

Probably best to run with coilovers?

Or anything else you might be able to give me pointers on

Thanks

Kevin

Id just sell yours as a roller, and find a 1500 SC 2wd and back half it.

Yeah Taylor mine is a 4 door....

I have thought of that Bodie, but there is a certain amount of sentimental value to my truck now,, not to mention there isnt too much of it left to sell, pretty much gutted and caged now.

Yeah that was a thought I had also..... it would take a bit of manipulation to make it work for sure...... more thinking..

Ok, how about this,, who would I get to convert a 9 inch rear end to make it for a front end on a 4x4, and what would it cost to do that?

Currie Enterprises. Their best axle is ~$4k IIRC. You can have it made with D60 knuckles too.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

I would try to build a light truck with 9" front/rear with a 4 link in the back and a ladder bar in the front. If I had a better job. LOL

Epically post by a dumb phone.

Well I am definately getting the truck light,, I am in the 5000's now as it is... if I could remove some unsprung weight that would be great too

Id keep it 4x4 with 9" front and rears, if you need a rearend or frontend let me know.

because up to a certain point, all you gotta do is pull that shifter in the floor to 4wd, and it will hook and go pretty damn good. With a 2wd, traction is a constent fight. Weight ditribution, instant center, back halving, getting the suspension to actually work, weather, track temp, tire pressure, etc, etc. A 4wd is much less work. Unless you wanna get in the deep 9s like some of the guys are now. Then its gonna take some suspension work anyway.

Back