Convert a 5 speed to a 47rh questions?

cummins_power71

150hp First Gen. Club
So Im looking at starting to gather parts as money allows with my new little addition to the family for the truck. I have been wanting to swap the tired Getrag in the truck for a 47rh and wonder whos done it who has had problems and what do i need to start hunting for. Its a 91 w250 so I have no clue what I need to do as far as t-case etc.

I think you'll need the automatic 205 and you'll need the thicker 2nd Gen bell housing adapter.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Ok t-case was what I was stumped on any idea what type of power they have pushed threw 205's. My plan is to have a street/strip truck thats p-pumped w/ twins, goal around 600hp.

Ok t-case was what I was stumped on any idea what type of power they have pushed threw 205's. My plan is to have a street/strip truck thats p-pumped w/ twins, goal around 600hp.

I used to work around monster trucks guys were running np205's behind blown alky burning engines in 15,000lb trucks. wheel hop will kill one faster than power I blew one with a 305 gasser hopping the tires.

I swapped my 518 for a 47rh. I needed to shorten my driveshaft, get a second gen engine to trans adapter plate, a second gen starter, and re-drill the crossmember mounting holes. that's all I can think of at the moment.

A while back there were a couple companies making a 29/23 spline adaptor sleeve. I'll dig threw my notes this weekend and try to find you the website. 205 will hold that, if you're smart about driving it.

SHS Diesel is the Dow brothers and they have the 23-29 spline adapter.

Back