Coolant puking out of Reservoir

fordassassin

FordAssassin
Well the truck started smelling like coolant. Checked the front and the coolant reservoir is overfull and throwing coolant out of the bottle. So I changed to a 180* thermostat and yes it runs cooler but still overflows. Headgasket or radiator cap bad???

Cruising on the freeway, the truck stays at 180*'s... But if I stop and go, the truck will get to 200*'s or 210 in a 100* weather. I just changed my radiator before the motor build and I did fill the coolant reservoir about half way, since I had a extra bottle of coolant.

NO COOLANT IN OIL or OIL IN COOLANT at all. The head and block were decked flat and torqued down correctly as ARP wanted the 625's.

Well the truck started smelling like coolant. Checked the front and the coolant reservoir is overfull and throwing coolant out of the bottle. So I changed to a 180* thermostat and yes it runs cooler but still overflows. Headgasket or radiator cap bad???

Cruising on the freeway, the truck stays at 180*'s... But if I stop and go, the truck will get to 200*'s or 210 in a 100* weather. I just changed my radiator before the motor build and I did fill the coolant reservoir about half way, since I had a extra bottle of coolant.

NO COOLANT IN OIL or OIL IN COOLANT at all. The head and block were decked flat and torqued down correctly as ARP wanted the 625's.

could you be getting pressure from the turbo through the head gasket and into the cooling system?

Most likey blew the head gasket and you are getting compression from a cylender into a water jacket pressurizing your water system and filling your puke tank.

^^^^^^^^ i'd agree.

when i blew mine it was just making the upper rad hose hard, burning a tad of coolant, and not sucking any more from the overflow.

eventually i came outside the one day and half my coolant was sitting on the driveway... ended up blowing by the t-stat area #1... very common place to pop.

Head gasket...period. just the start of the failure...soon it will jump to another cylinder.

Head gasket, Happen to me last summer mine got so bad it blew the cap off the radiator. Change the head gasket in put a do it yourself coolant bypass in along with drilling a 1/8'' hole in thermastate. Put two bottles of redline water wetter in coolant.

My '96 did the same thing last month, head gasket failed between cylinder #4 and the water jacket. You do not want to drive it like that. . . park it and fix it.

I flushed the whole coolant system and put coolant back in. Truck is running fine now and no heating issue no more.I am guessing it had a air bubble of some sort. I did re-torque the head studs to 160 this time around and put my 180's back in her.

My truck was in Merced the other night, unfortunately I wasn't. A friend went to go see someone somewhere by Bear Creek he said.

Pull your front coolant plug out of the head by the exhaust manifold area. That will release all the air out of the cooling system.

Thanks Brad. It runs great now and have put 500 miles on her yesterday. But boost is a little intense and I am trying to bring it down with the wastegate.

I flushed the whole coolant system and put coolant back in. Truck is running fine now and no heating issue no more.I am guessing it had a air bubble of some sort. I did re-torque the head studs to 160 this time around and put my 180's back in her.

My truck was in Merced the other night, unfortunately I wasn't. A friend went to go see someone somewhere by Bear Creek he said.

He drove right by my house, I thought it was yours but was like no way, couldn't be. We were in the front yard working on the truck.

He drove right by my house, I thought it was yours but was like no way, couldn't be. We were in the front yard working on the truck.

You live on Bear Creek? Yeah that was my truck if it had bright HIDS and a loud whistle to it. Only truck that has lights like that with HIDS in them I have seen.

Back