Cooling Fan

kent521

Well I just put on my cooling fan and pedestal that came from a 95 to 98 cummins pickup ???? my motor is a 95 12v that was a commercial motor going into 5.4 gasser and there is no clearance between the radiator . Looking at picks of most pedestals , the drive pulleys have 5 hole pattern mine has a 4 hole pattern does this mean mine is from a pre 94 or not or what are y'all doing to correct this issue ?

I have a dual fan setup from a ford contour, I have yet to have any over heating problems at all. Moves lots of air

anyone know what year of ford contour and taurus fans work the best?
any part numbers would help too
im still on the edge of running a stock mechanical fan or electric as i do tow quite frequently around 15-20k

To be honest, I have a set of fans I built for my truck and I have yet to turn them on. Been in the mid 50's and I've been beating the hell outta this thing trying to break the engine in and the temp never goes above 190, and thats with no fans on at all.

Im in SC and mine hasnt yet gone over 190 during the winter with no fan at all , I did put a pair of electric fans on ordered a pair of replacement fans for the taurus from advance seems to be good so far

Mid 90s ford Taurus's are the ones to snag for sure, don't need to so much look for part numbers but pay more attention to the wiring, you want to make sure there's three wires indicating it's a two speed fan. If you don't like the idea of running dual electric fans, another junkyard winner is the fans out of Lincoln mark 5s (I think it was that number) there single electric fans move more air than you will ever need. Just make sure the wiring and relays used are robust enough for the amps the fan pulls from time to time.

Not your exact application but a very well written electric fan conversion with the Lincoln fan
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/bronco/tech/fan/

Back