couple of OBS powerstroke Qs

joelc79

1) can you run a airdog or fass fuel setup on one of these? If so all you would be doing is feeding the stock mech pump correct? Well what about those of you running stg2 or 3 injectors.... does the mech pump feed enough if feed by a high flow pump?

2) Auto Transmissions how far do you guys actually build em. If i was lookin at 300-400hp how far should i go?

3) turbos, i want flow for above stated hp. whats my options...just a D66? Is it possible to mount a S400 style to my pedestol?

4) Injectors, the stg 1s that are installed currently are dirty as hell. it doesn't really get hot but it smokes like crazy. Are there clean cut nozzles available?

thanks in advance, im tryin to help a friend sort out his 97 ccsb 250 build.
Current mods are TW6 pos, s&b cai, wicked wheel, adrenalin hpop, stg1 sticks, and it is intercooled. It runs alright for what it is i guess but he is just lookin for some more sac.

You have been banned for the following reason:
Quit being a troll. If you don't like Fords don't come to our site.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

This is what the powerstroke.org forum did for askin the same Q

1) can you run a airdog or fass fuel setup on one of these? If so all you would be doing is feeding the stock mech pump correct? Well what about those of you running stg2 or 3 injectors.... does the mech pump feed enough if feed by a high flow pump?

Guys usually ditch the mechanical lift pump in favor of the Super Duty setup, ie electric lift pump along the framerail. I don't think the stock, mechanical lift pump would be very efficient with Stage 2 or 3 injectors.

2) Auto Transmissions how far do you guys actually build em. If i was lookin at 300-400hp how far should i go?

Honestly, I think it depends on how you drive (how much you beat up on the old E4OD). My stock E4OD w/ a shift kit held up to Stage 1 injectors just fine, but I went a different route for peace of mind. A rebuild, valvebody work and a good torque converter would be all you would need (for 350-400 hp).

3) turbos, i want flow for above stated hp. whats my options...just a D66? Is it possible to mount a S400 style to my pedestol?

As far as drop-ins go, the D66 is about the only option, but they (Beans) don't recommend running anything larger than Stage 2's with them (as of right now). Could always go with a Super Duty pedestal, turbo, up-pipes, intercooler, etc setup for more options.

4) Injectors, the stg 1s that are installed currently are dirty as hell. it doesn't really get hot but it smokes like crazy. Are there clean cut nozzles available?

The truck probably smokes a lot due to the factory turbo (I know mine does).

thanks in advance, im tryin to help a friend sort out his 97 ccsb 250 build.
Current mods are TW6 pos, s&b cai, wicked wheel, adrenalin hpop, stg1 sticks, and it is intercooled. It runs alright for what it is i guess but he is just lookin for some more sac.

I'd go stage 2's, D66, electric fuel, and look into the trans (rebuild w/ valvebody and a converter). With the 2's you won't need to worry about head studs and the truck will be in the 400 hp at the wheels range, maybe even a tad higher.

PS- he's probably at 300 at the wheels right now.

Thanks for all the info... the SD pedestal humm? What years would we need for all the parts?

Back