CP3 mods

Duramax3000

I was just wanting tips on buyin a cp3 mod kit. I know there are a few different ones out on the market. Witch ones work the best and more importantly witch is best for my trucks set up witch is A3K turbo,head studs, TS mp8,PPE hot +2 et, and a air dog 150 gph, stock injectors.

I don't have the guts for the DIY mod I have a friend that tryed it and it didn't work out so hot for him. I think I will go with a arson kit but I'm not sure what stage is the best for my set up.

if it was me i would go with twin cp's i have a cummins i din a stage it don't halp at all but on i have twin cp3's now it make it come a live and it don't cost that much

What are your future plans for your truck? My plans were always under estimated. When I had my 3k, I went to an LBZ pump with 20 over injectors. When I upgraded to the 4k, I went with a wicked mod. That was ok, but my logs still showed loosing rail pressure. Now with a PPE Duel Fueler, problem solved. You will still want to consider EFI and a good tuner to dial in your truck for performance and safety (your engines).

Any Idea what kind of gains could you get from doing this mod to a lbz pump?

not much,, good tuning will pull over 600rwhp out of the stock LBZ pump and support big sticks and a nice charger. not sure of numbers if swapped to lb7.

Defiantly do not want to switch to a lb7 but want to mod my lbz to get a little more out of it.Do I mod the reg. and drill the back plate or just do the back plate?

I meant I'm not sure how much can be made with a LBZ pump on a LB7. But i do know the stock, unmoddified CP3 is good for over 600 while on the LBZ. What are you making now, what tuning are you using and what is your rail pressure getting down to?? If your not loosing rail pressure or taking full advantages of tuning options available, I'd wait on modding the cp3 till nessacary.

good point,just figured it was something I could do while the motor was out again.

Go Wicked Diesels get an Arson Kit or if you have have the money go ahead and get the Dragon Slayer stay away from Ind Injection

good point,just figured it was something I could do while the motor was out again.

I'm not saying you cant or shouldn't just that the money may be better spent on other parts. I have a customer running a S475, 70% over injectors, a race valve and EFI Live and is making over 600whp and running 11.8 passes on a stock, single CP3. His rail pressure still doesn't drop off but it's about maxed out as to what mods a stock single will make.
What are your intended mods and goals?

I was very leary of modded singles as I've seen way too many logs that didn't show any improvement in rail pressure.

Then a customer bought a wicked diesel modded pump and my opinion changed. In the logs from the race track, the rail pressure was perfect even with extended pulse width. Was holding 26k when before the average for the same setup with a stock pump was <21k. Desired and actual were perfect so the pump wasn't even at it max.

I'm sold on Wicked compared to the others I've seen, We've bought two pumps that Wicked is going to mod for Max'd out.

Yeah Shane at Wicked would be my choice for a modded CP3. BTW, i thought max'd out was getting triples??

They are fabbed up and work, but we are now in weight loss mode. Moved the truck up to pro street and at 6100lbs we need to strip weight to be competitive, so everything not needed goes.

I'm not saying you cant or shouldn't just that the money may be better spent on other parts. I have a customer running a S475, 70% over injectors, a race valve and EFI Live and is making over 600whp and running 11.8 passes on a stock, single CP3. His rail pressure still doesn't drop off but it's about maxed out as to what mods a stock single will make.
What are your intended mods and goals?

I plan on doing 60% over nozzles when it goes back together and would like to add another charger this summer.I want to get around the 750-800rwp mark.

Back