CR 6 speed guys..

Out Back 4x4

What clutch should I go with? Shooting to be in the 800hp range. Dual cp3 100% exergy injectors and 64/80 twin setup. Daily drive the truck now. Gonna drive it on the street t Dyno and maybe a little drag racing for fun. Not going to go with South Bend. Don't know if it was them or the guy doings my work, but it's been a year and my 3650 dd still isn't right and it's the fourth one. Can't keep em in my truck and this one is slipping now

If you don't want to switch brands I'd try a valair they are supposed to be good, I was going to switch but they were on back order so I gave the southbend another shot. They are way better to deal with than southbend also.

I'd say the guys doing the work missed a few steps inside the bellhousing.... Having said that valair is a decent clutch as well. Id get someone else to do the install.

Call Dan at valair and get the street triple. Has stock pedal feel,glass smooth engagement, and shifts faster than any clutch I've ran

Valair street triple, Ive been thru 4 south bend duals, the best lasting around 10k miles. Switched to valair and havent had a problem since (30k miles) except for the trans which now is what i have problems with all the time :(
Im also around 800hp

Defiently get a valair best people in the world to deal with. Dan got me setup and got ly entire clutch rebuilt for Jus over 500 bucks. All southbend makes now is pieces of chit my buddys destroyed 3 of em in the last two months and switched to a valair triple and problems are solved.

Are you guys taking the washer out from under the pivot ball when installing these and using the modified fork? I've never had an issue with a sb clutch. Not saying it doesn't happen but if 3 or 4 in a row go it would make sense that something else is wrong too.

I was told the triples are hard on the tranny in a daily driver? If true I'm assuming it's from the rigid hub clutch disks. I like the idea of faster shifting but not at the expense of repairing the tranny more frequently.

I was told the triples are hard on the tranny in a daily driver? If true I'm assuming it's from the rigid hub clutch disks. I like the idea of faster shifting but not at the expense of repairing the tranny more frequently.

I have had mine for 4 years no problems

Call Valair, I had problems with South Bend 3 yrs ago. I had more than one dual disc that wouldn't hold any more than the stock clutch, and they would not stand behind them. I called Valair, I was sent an awesome clutch, and I became a dealer immediately due to a high quality product and great customer service.

40k miles lots of towing too on my rigid hub valair 3850 dual disc on a g56 no issue other than a little hard to get into reverse sometimes

Back