CR Block in 2nd Gen

SWCR

I know that someone did this? Ran across the thread a few months ago. But it was very vague.

Anyways i can get my hands on a bare cr block and i wanna build it, my question is what needs to be done to mount the CR block to a VP truck?

You will have to relocate the crank sensor and mod the front cover to fit

Iirc the block is wider too, and you will need to adjust the motor mounts, or possibly even build new ones.

What needs to be done to the front cover?

The bolt holes dont line up, so you will need to make that work, plus cut the front off each oil pan, swap and reweld them together. Just look at the p-pump 24v section, there are multiple threads about p-pumping CRs.

The bolt holes dont line up, so you will need to make that work, plus cut the front off each oil pan, swap and reweld them together. Just look at the p-pump 24v section, there are multiple threads about p-pumping CRs.

Thats only if you are putting a VP on a CR block. I took his post as putting a CR in a VP truck.

I know that someone did this? Ran across the thread a few months ago. But it was very vague.

Anyways i can get my hands on a bare cr block and i wanna build it, my question is what needs to be done to mount the CR block to a VP truck?

I'm still trying to figure out what motor mounts to use. My guess the new 3rd gen mounts should work. I've tried the 2nd gen VP motor mounts on a CR engine, but it didn't fit.

Why do you want to run the CR block?

Try using a set of 12 valve mounts. Or a combo of 12 and 24 valve mounts.

24V VP mounts should work just fine on a CR block. IIRC aren't the 3rd gen mounts completely different?

Back