CR Cummins buildup for TS.. .Tick Tock Tick Tock

Brayden

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Here are a few pictures of Chase's truck that we're scrambling to finish for TS event.

Don't know if it will make it but we're trying.

This is definately not a stock 2002 ETH.. It's about half chevy..

We kept the Allison but ditched the VP for an 05 CR motor.
It also has gotten much smarter than a regular CR Cummins ;)

Check back for progress. Only two weeks away.

Brayden

Attachments

• image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 219
  • image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 195
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 198
LOL I know I know.. I figured I'd give it a whirl... We are running 4" piping on everything else so I figured this would be a decent intake. Pricey to say the least though.. after the machining etc. It should flow better than stock that's for sure! I didn't feel like any of the other intakes were going to be able to feed a common rail very well at 5000rpms so there it is.

Brayden

3.0"

That valve cover is for the picture only. It has a CR valve cover.

Can't remember which one Chase grabbed.. but we did order a 1.0 A/R housing that we will probably run instead and possibly gate it if the drive pressure gets out of hand.

Motor has "a cam" ,valve springs, and all the goodies to run the revs.

I'll have to look at it tomorrow. Sounds about right.. GT42 sized charger.. Low 80's inducer and roughly 3.0" exducer.

Thanks for the input... The reason behind the smaller AR is to keep it fairly streetable. We'll see how it performs. By adjusting the shift points on the Allison I can make it drive pretty nice. At least it did before :D

Is this truck a dragger, or a puller, both? Also, how are you going to get a CR to turn 5k? P-pump? Custom electronic injection?

You will need more twheel for that 400. I run a 82mm exducer on mine and run it on the street. I guess gateing it will help but I think a bigger wheel stays lit better on the track.

We have 4 projects to get done in 2 weeks, two of them do not even have engines in them yet.

The truck has had an Allison for 3 years. Running around on a Factory Allison TCM.

The engine is running a "custom" controller, fully programmable. The ECM is capable of 2 injection events to nearly 7000RPM, not that there is any power up there. I doubt there will be any power at 5000rpm's but we'll find out. It has dual mod'd CP3's ready to go on as soon as we get the valvetrain back in it.

More pics to follow.

So I take it you are going to pull this truck. Should be a site to see. If you do not mind me asking, where did you get an injection system like that, and whats the going price on it?

I ordered one last week from destroked, couldn't wait any longer.

No problem..

They're using a factory TCM and another box that converts tps signals to CAN messages.. Pretty slick way of doing it.

So I take it you are going to pull this truck. Should be a site to see. If you do not mind me asking, where did you get an injection system like that, and whats the going price on it?

Yes we're going to pull it but I want to see if it can pull double duty..

The injection system is something we've been working on. It may become available later in the year.

Brayden

Back