CR injectors went again

Brian Lent

I got back in my truck yesterday after work, and started the truck and it was just idleing really rough. Like chuging- chugchugchug.:bang It smooths out after rpms get up but white haze is there just like when I changed all 6 at 95k. It now has 140k and I never ran a pressure box and I have had FASS 3 micron filters. I am thinking of getting all 6 again and new nozzles to go with it. What benefits are seen from the stainless bodies? Wicked seems to have a pretty good price on them so maybe I will get him to send me an arson kit, 64 wheel and a set of 125hp injectors. Or can it be something else. I depend on this truck and will not send injectors to be checked. The dealer may tell me one is bad, but the last time I changed one, another let go a month later. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I really want to swap out my II to go to some bigger flux injectors, I pmd don and havent heard from him. I was told he doesnt sell them you have to go through one of his dealers, but who and where are his dealers?

What are peoples' thoughts on adding ATF (automatic transmission fluid) to their gas tank? I had a bit of a rough start two weeks ago after a road trip to Vegas, so I cruised down to Wide Open Performance, and told them about it, thinking I was gonna need to pull the injectors. They brought me a quart of ATF and told me to put the whole thing in my tank. I was skeptical, but after two days, the rough start was completely gone!

What are peoples' thoughts on adding ATF (automatic transmission fluid) to their gas tank? I had a bit of a rough start two weeks ago after a road trip to Vegas, so I cruised down to Wide Open Performance, and told them about it, thinking I was gonna need to pull the injectors. They brought me a quart of ATF and told me to put the whole thing in my tank. I was skeptical, but after two days, the rough start was completely gone!

first atf fluid does not mix with diesel fuel.second atf has a lot of chemicals in it that are very BAD for our injectors especially at the pressures the fuel is injected at. 2-cycle oil is much better to add.

F1 Diesel Flux Injectors

Why not just get them repaired for $150 each?
Had a buddy just try and go that route and was told Don has a 3month backlog right now.
first atf fluid does not mix with diesel fuel.second atf has a lot of chemicals in it that are very BAD for our injectors especially at the pressures the fuel is injected at. 2-cycle oil is much better to add.
This, Ive heard AFT has change from what it use to be and is terrible for our injectors. But I do know 2-cycle oil and b15+ biodiesel, does wonders on my truck, starts better, runs much better and 100x quiter, w/ just a bump in MPG also.

with the friction modifiers that are in ATF i wouldn't see where that would be good for the cp3 or the injectors. 2 cycle oil is better but make sure to use the type with the lower ash content.

So you guys think that lubrication is my problem? I was thinking maybe water or algea. I took them out and drove 3 hrs to clearfield, PA to pro formance and got them on a flow bench. 4 of 6 were way over spec and the other two wer just over spec. These only have 40k on them. I got 95k out of my stockers. I will get them back tomorrow with new bodies, Friday I didn't get there til 3 and they just got them tested by 5 and closed shop. He said that he could fix them while I wait if I go earlier next time. Sounds alot better then waiting three months. I will start running 2 cycle and some algeacide in the tank from now on. I have heard alot of good about Flux injectors but also a friend/ diesel shop that says that They aren't all they are said to be. I have seen his mach injectors in action and they were clean when u wanted them to be. Maybe if I come across some cores I would be able to go to Flux's but I m not waiting a week without my truck rather then months. Thanks guys for all your help.

put a 2 micron fuel filter in it and it should solve your problem the injectors are only protected if you use a 2 micron filter.

Yeah, my injectors are rubbed raw. Kind of like when we were little and you found mom's face mask cream with the sandy grit in it. :kick::poke::shake:

So you guys think that lubrication is my problem? I was thinking maybe water or algea. I took them out and drove 3 hrs to clearfield, PA to pro formance and got them on a flow bench. 4 of 6 were way over spec and the other two wer just over spec. These only have 40k on them. I got 95k out of my stockers. I will get them back tomorrow with new bodies, Friday I didn't get there til 3 and they just got them tested by 5 and closed shop. He said that he could fix them while I wait if I go earlier next time. Sounds alot better then waiting three months. I will start running 2 cycle and some algeacide in the tank from now on. I have heard alot of good about Flux injectors but also a friend/ diesel shop that says that They aren't all they are said to be. I have seen his mach injectors in action and they were clean when u wanted them to be. Maybe if I come across some cores I would be able to go to Flux's but I m not waiting a week without my truck rather then months. Thanks guys for all your help.
Personally, I dont think its all a lube problem, and while running 2cycle, bio, or LSD (if you can find it), will add to the life of the injector, its the running high pressures daily and weak bodies that kill these things. If I were getting new injectors now Id make sure they were the stainless ones out of a 6.7, I also wish some one would make a program to lower the PSI, I know mine at 80mph the rail psi was 20-21K terrible for them IMO, especially after watching THE garmon video.

Yeah, my injectors are rubbed raw. Kind of like when we were little and you found mom's face mask cream with the sandy grit in it. :kick::poke::shake:

:hehe: I still can't believe you fell for that. :hehe:

Why would you want to lower the psi 20-21k isnt bad its when you crank the pressure up to 26-28k and DD with it that way.

Back