CR pistons in a 12v

fordsux8269

I just got a really good deal on a set of 03-04 pistons and Im wondering what all would need to be done to make them work. The truck is going to probly be a pro street style maybe a mod truck but not sure yet. I work at a chassis shop so makin it hook will be no prob. The only thing Im worried about is power. I know I wont be able to get the 2000+ hp Im used to dealing with but I want it to be pretty salty.*nx*

Basically tell your injector guy what you're thinking and most of the builders will match a set of custom injectors for your application. Where are you located at?

brnaodn.

if I remember right the 12V's combustion chamber is offcentered, and the 24V trucks are in the center of the piston, so in short I dunno that it will work out all that great.

George

gstanfield said:
if I remember right the 12V's combustion chamber is offcentered, and the 24V trucks are in the center of the piston, so in short I dunno that it will work out all that great.

George

Well what if he used a 24V head off of a newer truck? Would flow a little more air also wouldn't it, especially if you ported and polished it?

Andy

You'll have to ask the experts on that one, but it seems to me like having to change heads and have custom made injector lines (due to new location of injectors of course) would greatly exceed the cost saving of his original reason for wanting to use the CR pistons

just got a really good deal on a set of 03-04 pistons

Again though, I don't have all the answers, just a few random ones and many more questions.

George

If you decide not to use them I will be willing to get them off your hands for a really good deal also.:poke: :fish:

PM me.

You can't throw a 24v head on a 12v block form what I remember. Coolant passages and oil lines do not line up correctly. A guy I know did do this and I'm waiting to see what the results will be but it is not cheap due to all the machining involved.

GSM-01 said:
You can't throw a 24v head on a 12v block form what I remember. Coolant passages and oil lines do not line up correctly. A guy I know did do this and I'm waiting to see what the results will be but it is not cheap due to all the machining involved.
??? I'm running a 2001 24v block ('STORM' block) with a stock 12v un-modified head... perhaps you meant common rail head on a 12v/24v block?

brandon.

That might be it. I just knew one of the setups didn't line up, was hoping someone would clear it up.

Back