CR rocker tip broken??

Robertp

today while installing my new nozzles, i found the #4 intake rocker tip to be just sitting on top of the rocker bridge. after further investigation i noticed that its just a small piece of metal pressed into a piece of plastic. WTF who designed this? also the only way to replace this is to buy a new rocker arm? thats $106 bucks down the drain. anyone else seeing this in there engines?

brett just found one on a truck he was doing some work on not to long ago. seems to be a bad design that is starting to show up!

yeah i just read that same thing in another thread from him? this is crazy?

I guess I should check all of mine before I put them back in. Do the 24V rockers swap straight out with the CR rockers?

Thats weird, thats the exact one #4 intake that broke on this truck in the shop.

Paco, assembling the #4 intake rockers must of had to many corona's the night before.

Good deal I have two sets of 24v rockers here. What is that number also what is the area code?

seen it quite a few times. Once on mine, but the plastic was not broken and I was able to press the cap back up inside of it and it has been good to go every since. Truck has been torn down since then and it is still holding. I am not sure what causes them to come apart.

My 01 has the plastic cup on the rockers. Granted I ain't as hard on my stuff as yall are bt 173k miles later and no issues. My buddy did have the metal part fell out of his on his 01 after he had his head o-ringed.

DAMN.... that sucks ass... So are you replacing them all or just the one?? are the 24v ones stronger and better???

I'd like to know if I am goona go back in for another re-torque sequence I'd rather remove the lesser ones for some stronger ones!!!

seen it quite a few times. Once on mine, but the plastic was not broken and I was able to press the cap back up inside of it and it has been good to go every since. Truck has been torn down since then and it is still holding. I am not sure what causes them to come apart.

mine was not broken at first, it was just in two pieces. it was while pressing it back together that the plastic broke. so no little plastic in my engine thank god. should have a new one in a day or two.

also i plan on just replacing the one for right now. my truck probably wont see any serious racing or over 3500 rpm again for a long time if not ever with this truck.

Back