CR vs. 12V Fummins?

Ide go with the CR. Dont get me wrong I love my Chevy 12v cummins swap and yes their very simple. But if I ever do another one i'll be doing it with a CR. Just like everyone else said, at the touch of a botton you can go from mild to wild.

I just got off the phone with Scott at Destroked, and the CR doesn't sound bad at all to get running. There's not much more wiring than a 12valve really. CR is sounding better and better... as long as I can get the CR!

Well, he's asking for my 12v and 1500.... I thought I could probably get 2800-3k for my motor. Are they really not worth that much? :confused:

I did a 12v in my first conversion. My second will be a CR for the same reason stated above. I can't remember if i talked to Scott a Destroked or if it was someone at fordcummins, but one of them told me if you were to send the CR engine harness and your trucks harness they can wire them to run right together. I think that is how it went, I could be wrong though, its been a year of two since the discussion.

I think it's FordCummins that advertises doing that. Called them today and left a message, never heard back. Talked to Scott at Destroked first call, he's a helpful, super nice guy.

CR no question. I am personally tired of my mechanical monster.

Bullsh!t...the early motors are just fine without EFI Live, which they say they're shooting for a mid year release on anyway.
No need to change ECM's and all the harness bs that goes with it.

I hear ya Rich (BTW- Do you prefer to be call Rich or Richard?), but why wouldn't he just find an 06-07 motor so he would be ready to go for EFI Live right away and not have to worry about an estimated mid year release? I am just trying to understand your reasoning here.

The swap was super easy for me...I just wrote checks. Joe Hellmann might have a different story though. LOL
I like that^ and have been thinking that is the way to go for a while now. Just cut a check to trusted profesionals. No screwing around with a project and slowly beginning to loath it. Eventually not even wanting to continue it. Just cut the check and get a truck that you love to drive the hell out of. Turn key toys are fun. If I ever get around to doing a Fummins that is the route I will go.

No way I'd personally run a 12v...I just like the easy tuning on electronic motors. Literally smoke free 800+ hp at the touch of a few buttons...with the right parts of course.
I've really begun to shy away from mechanically controlled diesels lately. I want that electronic ease of control and I am disgusted by large clouds/plumes of smoke now. I want a small puff on take off and then a light haze AT MOST. Anything less (cleaner) is icing on the cake.

SO...if you go CR- 5.9L or 6.7L??? Hmm:).

I like this truck- '04 F-250 with a 6.7L Cummins and an Allison (though I'd go for an 4R100 or 48RE personally):
eddie_price_01b.jpg

I would stay 12v. There is quite a bit more smoke then a cr but hey were still cleaner then them gasser motors. I just love the simplicity in the 12v. Only got a few wires going to the engine and a few wires going to the tranny from my stand alone computer. Its your truck so do what ever you like best.

Thanks for the input everybody. Sounds like I'll probably go with the 12v for now anyways, cause I can't really swing the 1500 right now, plus my built 12v for a bone stock CR with 37k more miles than mine...Just don't seem like I could justify it.

Back