cracked timing cover at hpop reservoir help

06cumminspower

ok, so long story short just put motor back to gether in truck which is in a 01 superduty, short block out of 97, anyways I wasted the timing cover by putting center part of oil pump in backwards and crank balanced rubbed it into front cover real bad (didn't have dampner printed on this one and I didn't pay attention!) so I find a new timing cover, oil pump, supposedly out of a 02 e350 van, get it all back together and oil is pouring out just under reservoir cover near the thermostat, so pull lid off and is cracked on timing cover, so I am going to attempt to clean it up dremel it out and putty it up first. but my question is am I using the correct reservoir seal? I bought one with the screen in it for super duty but the part number on timing cover is 1823536c1 and the part number on the lid I used is 1831022c97 which was originally out of the 01 truck but looked at the lid off of timing cover donor motor and it was a different number 1831022c96 and had a seal without a screen which I have heard if you use the wrong seal it can crack or possibly overtightening so in the future to avoid cracking is it possible someone could look up and tell me with the part numbers I have should I use the seal with or without a screen? did not pay attention wether it was crack or not before I put it on and didn't know previous history.

Back