cracked transmission adapter

coorsman2005

i like beer
what will cause the transmission adapter to crack? just found a crack on mine on the passenger side

yes sir. the truck in my sig. same truck that cracked the tcase.

Last edited:
another question im guessing an adapter for an 08 with an auto wont fit the g56 right

My 68rfe cracked from driver side to passenger side. Took it apart and everything was fine. Only thing I could come up with was had to much weight in the bed of the truck 4,700 pounds.

another question im guessing an adapter for an 08 with an auto wont fit the g56 right

It should. Don't see why not. You may need the spacer for starter from ValAir but that's really the only differance between auto and standard. Just match them up on a flat table.

It should. Don't see why not. You may need the spacer for starter from ValAir but that's really the only differance between auto and standard. Just match them up on a flat table.

No auto to manual is different. The auto is thinner if i remember right. Just had to replace and auto that was taken out by a broken flex plate and the manual adapter I had was thicker, and the manual does not have the support bracket on the top to the block.

No auto to manual is different. The auto is thinner if i remember right. Just had to replace and auto that was taken out by a broken flex plate and the manual adapter I had was thicker, and the manual does not have the support bracket on the top to the block.

If so you can always purchase the clutch spacer from ValAir that is .580" thick I belive. The auto adapter should be thicker I would think tho.

well i asked another guy that had an auto one last night. he said they was the same i was unsure. i took his word for it and bought it for 125 seemed resonable. so i hope we are wrong. i will post back when i get them swapped or at least geat them out so i can compare. thanks alot guys

Back