Cracks in head???

NEsmoker

I took the head off the pullin engine. I couldnt get it to run smoothly after a pretty good over heat. 2 cracks you could stick sewwing thread in with ease. They go from a valve to the injector bore on number 4 and 5. 5 is the worst. 2, 3and 5 have some hefty scoring on walls. With the cracks that big id imagine its just a paper wieght now, cause id like to mill off the intake and make it breath right. Thoughts??

Post some pics of it. A lot of heads have cracks in them. Does the crack go up into the seat?

I keep forgetting to take my camera up the garage. When it was done up we knew it had cracks but they werent vissibly open. Now a couple are clearly open from injector bore to valve and is open up past the machined seat. (there is no press in seats on this one) I was getting some added blow by and lots of smoke out the valve cover breathers. I made to pulls this year and it started running bad after the second one.
I do have another head on the way, so im just gonna swap my valve train over.

Yea if it's visibly past the machined seat I'd say she's done. Are you doin another vp head or a pressed in seat CR head

I got another vp head on the way as of now with machined seats, but still up in the air.

Fire ringed, little work in the valve bowls.(old one) Now id like to chop the intake off this time and do a full p&p, runner intake.

Back