Crank case breather after swap?

STACKED

After my swap i used the stock 24v breather but now it seems like there is more of a drip out of it. What are yall doing with your front crank case breather after your swap? Are u using the 24v or the 12v filler neck with some other breather?

I ran my stocker for almost 3 years. Added the 12v tappet cover when I did the cam. Dumped the stocker when I added the billet cover. I'm thinking I might track down a CR valve cover in the future since they have a breather built in.

i added a breather to the side of the valve cover and a breather on the oil fill cap. would the CR valve cover fit an 02?

Used a 12v tappet cover and my factory breather. Only time I get a drip is when I make multiple 100mph runs and even then its one drop bout the size of a quarter.

i was going to use the 12v one but the tappet cover on the motor i was parting for the swap was pretty beat to s**t, so i just went with the filter. eventually ill either get a 12v cover or take off my stocker and add an oil return

I took a stock tappet cover with the baffled bump in the back and welded on a 3/4" hose barb fitting and ran a hose down. I also have a Mr. Gasket push in breather in the oil cap hole on the valve cover. In the front cover I just have a plug from an industrial CR engine. It seems to work fine for the last year or so.

I also used the stock tappet cover drilled and tapped for -4 hose. Then filled the inside with steel wool to keep oil in. Also have 2 baffled push in breathers in the valve cover ran to a catch can.

my valve cover has two holes drilled in it and a short piece of pipe welded in the cover so I have a place to mount a small breather on it, and I am still using the front bottle also...

I got the good ole filter in the oil cap and it leaks oil every where and also a tappet cover vent.

I have a stock crankcase breather and a filter in the valve cover. I still have oil spots on the floor. What should I do with minimal headches.

I built my own.

I bought a 12v tappet cover with the breather, but never used it. It's for sale if anyone wants it.

2011-01-19175953.jpg

Last edited:
Breathers are Moroso.

Hoses (-10an) run down about 3ft and vent to atmosphere. I do have an aluminum breather catch can with -10an bungs, but haven't installed it yet.

yeah i did something similar. not as pretty, but functionable
180444_10150133728360280_615065279_8371292_6126485_n.jpg

Back