Crank no start

75Fummins

I have a friend with a boat with twin 370hp 12 valve cummins engines. The boat has been sitting a year and i got one engine running but the other one wont fire. It has fuel pressure to the pump,the shut off valve is functioning but i cant get anything from the injection lines. I was told the rack could be stuck and something about an overflow valve any insight would be greatly appreciated as im new to these engines. Thank you for any responses in advance.

Theres got to be some p-pump experts out there. Anyways im going to change the overflow valve and if that doesnt work im going to try and see if the rack is stuck. Can anybody tell me if im on the right track here?

If it has the correct fuel pressure at the injector pump, the overflow valve should be fine. You can pinch the return line for a quick test.
If you have a delivery valve socket, you can remove a delivery valve and move the throttle linkage with the shutoff solenoid up. If the plungers rotate, the rack is not stuck.

Yea i orded an overflow valve and delivery valve socket last night...figured it would be easier than removing the afc to check. So if the rack is stuck how would you go about unsticking it?

Yea i orded an overflow valve and delivery valve socket last night...figured it would be easier than removing the afc to check. So if the rack is stuck how would you go about unsticking it?

Send the pump in for repair.

Back