crd cel p0191

Gen-X

I will give the short version of this which is my wifes jeep has been in and out of the dealer about 20 times in the last year for the p0191 code Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance. Just looking to see if anyone has had this code and what they did about it.

Thanks

I tried to PM you bro but I don't have enough posts yet. Not that exact one I'm sure. After 130 days in the shop I got a lawyer to lemon law it since the dealership wouldn't work with me. The problem was there was a small crack near the fuel filter housing. I found it and told them about it but they said it was something else. It would act like it was running on 2 cylinders if it would run at all. I even offered to buy something else of the lot and give them $500 to help pay the salesman as it wasn't his fault. Nope so I told them to f off and got the lawyer.

I was also not happy with the "customer satisfaction recall" that was done. I brought the jeep in 3 times and told them something was up with the torque convertor. "NOPE" was the answer they gave. Finally I got a "customer satisfaction recall" in the mail. I called up Jeep and asked exactly what they planned on doing. They said they would replaced the torque convertor and reflash the PCM. I asked for the PN for the torque convertor and they were surprised when I asked why they would take out a TC and replace it with the same part TC. They said the reflash would take care of everything. After chatting with them about the reflash they finally came clean and said the reflash would change injector timing, duration and pressure and would cut the torque down that was made. I was pissed to say the least. I bought the CRD for the 295# of torque and said I was going to put it on the dyno that morning before they touched it. I could go on and on but overall it was a POS. Broke clockspring sensor for the ABS on the way home from purchasing it from Haynes Jeep in Richmond, VA. LOL

The only problem we have had is this code and there great about working on it they meet us by our home and give my wife a loaner car. I guess there plan now is to change out the wiring harness. Which I guess you have to pull the engine to change and I'm trying to get them to change the swirl motor then also. Other then this its been great.

code free on mine since I bought the green diesel eco tune, had some issues before that with egr circuits, but had that repaired and gde went in at the same time. Nice bit of pep, 20hp 40 tq increase. If i could have gotten the upgraded torque converter I would have went for a hotter tune. rated now at 180 hp and 335 torque and getting just under 30 mpg drivin it like I stole it.

Well after they ran a new wires from the gas tank to the motor replaced both fuel rails they opted to change the fuel filter and no more problems. I would love to get a gde tune but I'm still under warranty. So if jeep doesn't make a newer gen diesel before we get rid of this one I'll be getting it tuned

Back