cruise control

IowaHeadHunter

I last summer we put the 4 gsk in my 98. Since that my cruise hasn't worked. I've checked air Lines (vent work correctly so that narrow air leaks). soon to be replace the cruise module under the battery. The green light in the dash turns on. But that's it. We also had to remove the tps cuz since we put the gsk in it had sticky throttle and wouldn't idle back down. So my question how does the cruise work in manual truck other than by air. And where else should I look? Also the truck use to be an auto but was switch to manual

On my 94 Dodge gas truck, I had problems with the cruise a few years back. Ended up replacing the brake switch at the top end of the brake pedal.

Cruise will not work without the TPS plugged in. It doesn't need to be mounted, just plugged in.

What did you do with the neutral switch wiring? If the cruise light is coming on, I'd say the electrical side is OK. Double check the vacuum tube from the junction on the firewall and at the cruise unit under the battery. You do have the cruise cable hooked up to the throttle linkage, don't you?

Last edited:
Yup everything hooked up. Triple/ quad check vac lines. Neutral safety switch I'm not sure. Po was the one that did the swap. Cruise has worked for yr n half. quit working when we put the 4 gsk in. I've check for the thing under the battery getting Good air flow in that end

Back