cruse control on P-pump 24V. . . . . .

SWALLDOG

so i've seen a little talk about this as i've been searching for info on p-pumping my tuck. But i dident find anyting solid. so i've started looking in to it and this is what i have found so far.
I've got three trucks at my house right now that i got to looking at.
-My truck, '01 6speed w electronic cruse control.
-'97 12V auto, vacuum cruse, parts truck for p-pump coversion on my truck.
-'01 SO auto with vacuum cruse that i'm workin on for a friend.

started lookin at the vacuum cruse units on the '01 auto and the '97 auto and they look the same as far as i can tell with out pullin the battery out. they are both mounted under the driver side battery. both have a cable going to the throttle, vacuum hose to run it and a 4 wire connector. then i looked at my '01 with the electric cruse. under the driver side battery there is the same pulg as on the other 2 trucks its just not hooked to anything. so i would think that i could just plug the vacuum unit in to that plug, vacuum line and cable and it should work. the only thing i wonder is if the computer is programed diffrent? i think i will take the vacuum unit off the '97 tonight and start messin with it. plug it in and see if i can get it to move.

would also like to know this as i will be p pumping my 01 6 speed next week

Biggest issue I see is the programing in the PCM or ECM.

My truck is an 01.5 it doesn't have the vacuum. Dad's truck was built in the same month (july) and his has the vacuum unit. His is an auto 2wd, mine a 4x4 nv4500.

Biggest issue I see is the programing in the PCM or ECM.

My truck is an 01.5 it doesn't have the vacuum. Dad's truck was built in the same month (july) and his has the vacuum unit. His is an auto 2wd, mine a 4x4 nv4500.

Yea i think the auto guys are good to go on all years.

I believe 01-02 autos kept vacuum cruise. On those you just hook up to the linkage on the pump. I finally found my leak while mine is apart so I'm anxious to see if it will work now.

My cruise works on my 01.5 auto but the factory cable is to long so the max it'll do is 60mph LOL. Just need to go and spend the $35 and get the proper cable from dodge and it should be good to go.

on the canister setup to do it right you will need a canister from a 98-01 and the cable from the 94-97 12v trucks plugs are differnt. or just the complete setup from a 98 12v. mine is a 01 6-speed and had the vacuum controlled but i still had to wire in a 12v tps to make mine work. on the later with electric cruise might be able to install the canister and a tps and it work?? or swap out the ecm or get reprogrammed like said$.02:umno:

That could be fixed much cheaper with a crimp style lead fishing weight and maybe some solder if you want to look fancy.

My cruise works on my 01.5 auto but the factory cable is to long so the max it'll do is 60mph LOL. Just need to go and spend the $35 and get the proper cable from dodge and it should be good to go.

What would it take to make the cruise on my 02 work? I assume I have the electric cruise?

That could be fixed much cheaper with a crimp style lead fishing weight and maybe some solder if you want to look fancy.

Thought about that but I'm unsure on the longevity of it. Might try it this weekend for fun.

Originally Posted by 2141pete

well tried that, worked about 5 min. lot of tention on the cable. i took a small length of brake line like 1/8 inch. dia. and cut about an inch long (what ever the slack is) and split it with hack saw put over the cable and just took plires and crimped it back together. has been flawless ever since.

Now that sounds like a better idea. I've got some injection line left from when I re-did my return line that I can use.

my cruise on my 02 has been working fine since i connected a vacuum line under driver side battery tray again.

Back