"Cummin on Strong" 98 Chevy Cummins

he was prolly refering to the core/rad. support, how come you cut the top center section of it off?

Joe

Got the box on this weekend, picked up the new wheels and tires, and the axle got shipped today. It definetely looked alot meaner, with the H2's and mud tires on but, with the paint color I have planned for it, I think the rims will look at home on the truck. I got another AAM 11.5" under my D-max, but I never realized how massive of an axle it was until it showed up on a pallet from Texas. Not bad for a $150 e-bay find What do you think? Lol, just got to move the perchs in a little bit and I can throw it under the truck.

100_0512Large.jpg

100_0520Large.jpg

100_0523Large.jpg

100_0529Large.jpg

100_0533Large.jpg

Very cool project!

Im diggin the H2s too, they look right at home, should be awesome when its all done.

How well do you think that IFS is going to hold up to some hard pulls?

Very cool project!

Im diggin the H2s too, they look right at home, should be awesome when its all done.

How well do you think that IFS is going to hold up to some hard pulls?

I hope so, Its a 9.25" ring gear front end, It takes teh same gears and lockers as the 9.25 in the Duramax, there almost identicial except for the actuall dimensions of the differential casing. I'm sure that the mounting bracket locations and what not must be, different. But I've never compared the 2 side by side. I just know that there indentical internally. I biggest hurdle is, there is no aftermarket support when it comes to beefing up the steering. The stock tie rods and centerlink and literally half the size of the stock stuff on the D-max. So I have to make my own centerlink or brace the heck out of the one, I got. And I was planning on making my own tie-rods out of 1.5" D.O.M. and heims.

well 40 psi boosted 4x4 launches... mine held up so far. they can take some beating thought. they have after market steering components that are more in the off-roading world. i wouldn't do heims if its a DD cuz they'll wear out quick. unless you get some really expensive ones that you can rebuild. i havent touched a thing on my front end except pitman/idler arm that were already worn from the 6.5l. man i'm jealous you got aam rear, cuz i couldn't find anything cheap so i settled with a rear disc conversion.

joe

the new wheels n tires are probably my favorite wheels! They look just as good to me.

Definitely a sweet truck!!

C-ya

Back