Cummins Dyno Disaster!

Big Blue24

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Today we released a new video covering the most recent dyno session at the shop with Josh an employee and his personal common rail Cummins powered street truck.

Since we are all adults, let me start off acknowledeging that the Haters will say PDD sucks, DDP sucks, Hamilton sucks, and that we wasted a precious D&J head..... to which all said companies will respond, what have you built bigger, badder, or currently running? LOL

Enjoy the show, all of this carnage is free to watch!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU-Nt0xC2gY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU-Nt0xC2gY[/ame]

Just watched this video while working out. That really sucks for josh. Thats what, his 2nd engine in a matter of months? Those Hamilton blocks are not cheap to window like it did.

Those guys crack me up. Sucks about the truck. Part of the game I guess when you’re making that kind of power.

I personally enjoy carnage.Sucks for the guy footing the bill though. Unless, he's loaded, then... oh well. Research and development is expensive.

I don't know how I would have played this situation, but this probably wasn't it.
29b5367bffab08f28ac5d3b7041cd199.jpg

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Steel pistons in a cast block in a race application didn't work for me either. I think the smaller size steel pistons/piston skirt puts more stress on the cylinder wall. $.02

Part of the game I guess when you’re making that kind of power.

So no exceptions things don’t go south sometimes and everyone’s a perfectionist? Got it lol

Your first comment implies that these types of failures are common as "part of the game", then your second response implies that this failure would only occur if someone wasn't a "perfectionist", so which is it?

My comment was regarding your sweeping generalization that these types of failures are common, when in fact they aren't. The general public should have access to accurate information and not be led to believe that catastrophic failures are normal.

It is a well known and accepted fact that a sleeved 6.7L block will reliably support 1200-1800hp depending on bore size without a deckplate, this is backed by real world results from 1000+ dyno passes by several engine builders across the country.

I am not condemning any component used in the example for this thread, but I cannot see how you can absolve all components from any guilt. These are a few things to consider before you answer another comment with "lol".

I hear ya, but didn't it make like 1000hp on that pull?

That I don't know.
What I do know is it made a pile of junk out of a lot of cool parts, and flushed a ton of money.
Believe me, I like the guys at PDD, they are not hacks, and I'm not judging.

Back