Cummins guy here, need stroker help

92PowerRam

always broke $
I know Cummins and 6.0 PSD's like the back of my hand but not a 7.3 so why not ask the PSD guys right? I have a gentleman that wants me to reman his 7.3 for him plus give it some pep. Looking at a turbo upgrade, injectors, and a programmer. Being that it's a daily driver, he's looking for better milage also. Something mild-decent power gains without hurting milage or reliability.

What I've came up with so far besides the basic overhaul kit is a set of reman 60 or 80hp injectors from Industrial and a DP tuner. Im not sure if the injectors would need a modified HPOP or not. As far as the turbo, im lost.

Thanks for the info! :Cheer:

^ x2 on that

60-80 HP means nothing to me. Just like 6.0Ls, 7.3L injectors are measured by amount of fuel delivered and nozzle size. For example, 160/100s (stage 2s) deliver 160cc of fuel with nozzels that are 100% bigger than stock. I'd bet the 60-80hp injectors are stage 1s (160s with a stock nozzle). Unless the HPOP is old and worn out, it should handle stage 1s.

Take all this with a grain of salt, I drive a 12v:doh:

Get him a TS chip. That way he has many options on who tunes his truck, not just one person. Beans Diesel has good 7.3l tunes.

Industrial injectors are overpriced junk.. get in touch w/ Full Force Diesel.

Set of stage 1 injectors
38r Turbo
Custom tuner. (Swamps, Beans, Matt @ gearhead, DP Tuner, Wildman)

If you have a scanner you can datalog his HPOP and determine it's health.
If it's not holding pressure there is Terminator Engineering or Stealth for a new HPOP

Second on full force stage ones and I would spend the money and get a stealth srp 1.1 hpop cass at full force sells them in fact if call full force cass can set you up with just about everything you would need for a really good deal and if you do go with a ts chip use kales tunes from Bts

how many miles on the engine? might be a good idea to put an adrenaline and and new ipr valve if it hasn't already been done and has a bunch of miles

Adrenaline pump, rosewood injectors, tw tuning and a d66 and he should be good to go.

Back