Cummins OS Compatibility

wyofreeride

Does anyone already have a compatibility chart for Cummins OS's? Items like what years can use what OS's, and what C&C Os's can be replaced by what truck OS? Can you flash an OS from a different year if the controller is the same (CM2100A, etc), or will a different year OS and Cal brick the ECM? EFI has a warning for an OS change, but are there certain ones that are safe and others that are not?

I am working with a C&C truck (early 08) that has an unsupported OS. I have another truck that is outfitted identically with a different OS (late 07) that I was going to try and use, but I get the warning, and didn't want to risk it since I cannot flash the original back in if there's a problem (because its unsupported).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

The Unsupported OS I am wanting to replace is 11610304
The other similar truck is 11520902

I have several other 08 truck files too to try.

Hopefully Cindy will see this but until then you could send the file to EFIlive to se if they can figure something out. Worth a shot.

I sent the file in a couple weeks ago, but haven't heard anything. I have no problem using a different base file, just don't know which ones I can try without bricking the ECM.

I tried the 11520902 file from the similar 07 in the 08, and seems like everything is fine and dandy. Its a work truck and they needed it back today, so no chance to try some other files to see what worked and what didn't. Thanks for the help everyone (Zach from Starlite steered me in the right direction as well this morning)

I'll post the working file if anyone is interested.

-Joe

Back