curse control help

moparcrazy5.9L

hello been a member for quite some time now just don't post much. anyway I have an 02 dodge ppumped24v and I cant get the cruse to work I am using a 12v t.p.s. wired just like signal73 had posted(thank you for the info) the trans shifts fine (after some adjustment) and I do have vacume at the canester, and the cruse on indicator Will come on (right under odo miles) win you turn on the cruse. but It just wont do anything. Is there any thing I am missing or what else can I check?

thanks for your help.

thanks,chris

ya I forgot to put that I am using 12v linkage out of a 9812v auto truck. sorry I am the worst a bout explining stuff. but I will check the lingth. cuz I just put it on the truck and hooked every thing up.
thanks,chris

Pull the little ball on the end of the cable all the way out and crimp a lead fishing weight or something at the connector to take the slack out.

I never had to shorten the cable on mine. I just hooked it up my stock 24v cable to my 12v linkage and everything worked.

yeah a 24v cruise cable in the 12v throttle linkage will work but like said is about 1" to long. mine worked but would take 5 mph or so to catch and was up and down really, really bad. like also said the lead sinker didn't work for me only lasted about 5 miles. i took a length of small brake line (metal) cut the length needed and then split with hacksaw put over cable and crimp together been working for over a year.

well I got a chance to work on the truck and checked the cable and I have no slack in it at all. so I guess am am back to root 1. any ideas on what else to check?
thanks,chris

Back