Custom Super Duty tweeter pods

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
Bought a new set of Super Duty sail panels with the factory tweeters, which were gutted out.
ap4.jpg

These are going in.
ap5.jpg

Cut the front 1/2" off the Focal dash mount pods and shaped it to fit the Ford part.
ap3.jpg

Hacked a 2" hole outta the Ford parts.
ap2.jpg

Plastic welded to 2 parts together.
ap1.jpg

A little bondo and sanding.
ap6.jpg

Spot putty in the pinholes, more sanding and a 2nd coat of primer left me with this.
ap10.jpg

ap11.jpg

ap9.jpg

Tomorrow's plan is a final wet sanding with 320 grit paper followed by black paint.
EDIT....just wet sanded them. They're glass smooth with no pin holes anywhere. Hopefully the paint will lay down right in the morning.

I know exactly where you are coming from. At one hotel, I was known as 'the guy who works on his truck all the time'

What did you use for the plastic weld? I'm trying to find something to use for my cup holder/gauge pod in my Dodge.

Rich, did you bake that plastic before you started on it.
It was sitting outside in the hot SoCal sun...I might as well have. LOL

What did you use for the plastic weld? I'm trying to find something to use for my cup holder/gauge pod in my Dodge.

Just some 2 part plastic weld stuff I found at the auto parts store.....nothing fancy. Worked good...I couldn't pull the parts apart after it dried and I gave it a pretty good try.

In the sixth picture from the top it looks like somebody else's hand or are you actually black and theres a white guy holding it in the other pics?

Complete...I think I like em. It's almost impossible to get good pics with a camera phone but it's all I have with me.
ap15.jpg

ap17.jpg

ap16.jpg

ap18.jpg

Back